Eurofighter Avionics Systems Engineer - Seconded in UK
Airbus Defence and Space Getafe (ex Cassidian)
Airbus Defence and Space is a division of Airbus Group formed by combining the business activities of Cassidian, Astrium and Airbus Military. The new division is Europe’s number one defence and space enterprise, the second largest space business worldwide and among the top ten global defence enterprises. It employs some 40,000 employees generating revenues of approximately €14 billion per year.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
An opportunity to join the TEAMC-TL2 área as a Eurofighter Avionics Systems Engineer seconded in Warton (United Kingdom) has arisen.
The jobholder will be part of the Avionic Joint Team (AJT) in Warton.
The AJT is a multicultural environment in which members from the four Eurofighter Partner Companies (Airbus D&S GmbH from Germany, Airbus D&S S.A.U. from Spain, Leonardo from Italy and British Aerospace Systems from the United Kingdom) work together in order to jointly define and produce the Avionics System Level and SubSystem High Level deliverables.
Airbus S.A.U. is responsible for the COMMS group in the AJT, and there are other areas in the AJT that must be covered by Airbus. The jobholder will form part of AJT COMMS or other areas depending on the candidate's qualifications and programme needs.
Tasks & accountabilities
Required tasks in AJT COMMS include the following:
- Data Link (MIDS) Requirements Definition. AJT COMMS is responsible for the contractual document that defines the requirements for the MIDS system. The changes to the MIDS Interoperability Design Specification need to be agreed with the customer (NETMA & Nations), the Eurofighter organisation, Cockpit and the rest of Avionics Subsystems. Missions and Operational Scenarios are considered in the requirements definition. The jobholder will have to design and specify the interoperability requirements for the data link and liaise with all the stakeholders (including the customer) in order to reach agreement.
- Communications High Level Design, including Data Links and Audio (CAMU, Radios and Antennae). AJT is responsible for the generation of the Level 2 Design (Functional Requirements Document) for which interfaces, protocols, etc. at avionics level need to be defined and agreed with the affected groups: Cockpit, Level 1, Level 3 and the rest of subsystems (Attack & Identification, Displays & Controls, Navigation, Deffensive Aids, Integrated Monitoring and Recording, Armament Control).
- Generation of the Communications SubSystem Hazard Analysis
- Other Eurofighter Avionics tasks
Other Areas in the AJT include:
- System Architects
- System Level Design
- Other Sub-Systems High Level Design: Attack and Identification, Armament Control System, Navigation, Defense and Aids Sub-System, Displays and Controls, Integrated Monitoring and Recording System.
- Test Requirements and Analysis
- Product Clearance
- System Safety
- AJT Product Managers
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with excellent intercultural, communication and multitasking skills.
Aeronautical / Telecommunications Engineering.
English: Negotiation level
- Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Helicopters, Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 6,900
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy using your eRecruiting profile with your CV attached.
In case you have any further questions, please contact: The Airbus Group Recruitment Centre.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.