Configuration Management Process Architect for Electrics (m/f)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Configuration Management Expert for Product Structure and Steering (m/f) has arisen within Airbus in Blagnac.
You will join the Configuration Management Configured Design Data department.
By reference to the Airbus directive A1080, Aircraft Configuration Management Rules, Product Identification is the discipline which breakdowns the Aircraft into manageable physical and data systems and allocate identifiers to products. It is one of the main disciplines of Configuration Management (CM) based on International Standard ISO 10007 and adapted to the specificities of Airbus business.
You will be responsible for:
- Designing, validating and delivering Processes, Methods and Tools (M&T) for the discipline Product Identification within the Center of Competence (CoC) for Configuration Management (CM) with a special focus on electrics,
- Supporting the Process Owner within the overall Airbus Process Management approach (this process is registered as MP.AC.01 Manage Product Identification and Configured Design Data),
- Contributing to the four objectives of Process Management: Business Performance, Operational Focus, Efficient and Collaborative Ways of Working, Airbus Integration,
- Organizing and animating the CM operator community around Product Identification subjects for electrics,
- Leading or being involved in major transformation projects where CM (Product Identification, Product Structure, Configuration Steering) is a key factor.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
1/ Managing and maintaining the knowledge used by Engineering mainly to configure their electrical Design Data in their PDM (Product Data Management) tools:
- Writing and ensuring validation of related official documentation such as Training materials, AP (Airbus Procedures) and AM (Airbus Methods), etc.,
- Ensuring consistency with the other CM processes as Electrical Product Identification, Configuration Conformity and Change Process,
- Ensuring consistency with other Design Process (DE.PA.03.01) and also Manufacturing Engineering process (FU.IN), Tech data, etc.,
2/ Leading improvement projects according LBIP or Agile method, and managing M&T projects:
- Improving Engineering PDM tools such as CIRCE C, CIRCE G, for SA and LR programs ELSY for A-D, BCAWD for A-UK and SIDIE for A-E,
- Delivering M&T materials such as Features for Trains, Business cases, Business Requirements Dossiers, Business Acceptance tests, Pilot reports, Communication plan, awareness sessions, etc.,
- Managing the interfaces with Core Elec and ICT for tool development.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Your Boarding Pass:
- You have an Educated Degree Bac+5 (or equivalent) in General Engineering,
- Large Experience in configuration management and in the electrical definition,
- Experience with some Airbus tools such as CIRCE-C, See-XP, CIRCE-G, CIRCE-I, BCAWD, SIDIE and some configuration
steering tools as "Traitement lourd", APS, GILDA, etc.,
- Management skills and a methodical approach to your work
- Willingness to develop further knowledge in Configuration Management and more particularly in Configuration Steering, and
skills in Agile Project Management
- Good communication and relationship skills
- Autonomous, proactive
- English: advanced level
- French: intermediate level
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 20,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.