Aircraft Cyber Security Test Specialist (m/f)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for an Aircraft Cyber Security Test Specialist (m/f) has arisen within Airbus in Toulouse. You will join the "IT & Physical Aircraft Security Tests" department.
You have a strong experience in cyber security? You are passionate by pens testing, vulnerability assessment and ethical hacking methods?
You are always looking for new technology & innovative solutions?
You will be responsible for the preparation, performance and coordination of the security tests on the aircraft avionics and cabin systems.
You will represent the department in external meetings with suppliers, national security agencies and organisations in at least major European countries and potentially others beyond.
You, as part of the team, will occasionally participate in research prepare White Papers and give presentations at worldwide Security Conferences.
You will join a transnational team working in a collaborative way on all different embedded systems for Aircraft (Avionics in France & Cabin systems in Germany) and Helicopter.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Taking steps to remain at the state-of-the-art of new technologies in terms of 'ethical' hacking techniques and evaluation methods.
- Assessing and challenging requests coming from external or internal stakeholders,
- Preparing the tests means and software required in close liaison with the facilities manager;
- Developing security tools depending on needs (i.e. fuzzing framework) in different programming languages (i.e. Python, Java, C/C++).
- Executing the tests,
- Providing the test report, identify the deviations or new findings
- Building a detailed schedule, based on the request constraints
- Supporting the system responsible during systems development in order to anticipate potential security flaws.
- Managing the budget and the contractual topics allocated to this project
- Ensuring communication with all stakeholders, transnationally, internally and externally
This role will involve some travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Educated to Master's degree level (or equivalent) in Engineering, IT or a related discipline,
- Skills in pen test on embedded systems (Aircraft/Helicopter) or similar would be a plus
- Reverse Engineering skills
- CEH (Certification Ethical Hacking) courses would be a plus
- Skills in Network, system, programming languages (Python, shell script, C, etc.),
- Team spirit and adaptability,
- Innovative mind-set and communications skills,
- Language skills: Advanced level of English, an advanced level of any other language would be a plus.
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 20,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbus.com) with your CV and cover letter attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.