Customer Services Propulsion System Engineer - Specialist (m/f)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Propulsion System Engineer - Specialist has arisen within Airbus (Commercial Aircraft) in Toulouse. You will join the SEEE1 Department (Engineering Support Propulsion, Fuel, APU & Air Systems).
You will cover the activities of one of the powerplant systems under SEEE1 responsibility (RR, CFM, IAE, GP, PW) across all programmes. A320Fam IAE V2500 & PW GTF propulsions systems for engineering support issues. As a specialist, you will liaise with Airbus customers and all relevant Airbus Customer Services department, Airbus CoE/CoC, and engine manufacturer.
Tasks & accountabilities
For the Propulsion Systems, your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Initiating and progressing necessary immediate actions, thus ensuring continuous Airworthiness of the fleet,
- Providing technical stand-by (AOG) assistance,
- Providing Customers with in-situ technical assistance for trouble shooting when deemed necessary,
- Ensuring that all technical concerns and needs, raised by the customer, are well assessed and addressed within the defined time scale,
- Launching and progressing appropriate actions towards vendors and/or design office organisation to identify trouble origin and define corrective actions,
- Analysing all in-service events to identify potential impact (including airworthiness, reliability, cost, etc.), launching and progressing all actions necessary to find the cause of the events and initiate/follow-up development of corrective actions or product improvement with the Airbus design organisation and engine manufacturer. Accepting or refusing the proposed solution,
- Proposing technical solutions, discuss them with the design office and/or engine manufacturer, and ensuring that they are fully considered,
- Creating the customers information documents in order to ensure that the customer’s expectations and needs are fully reached,
- Using system knowledge and customer service skills to define and provide solutions to complex trouble shooting situations, including AOG,
- Providing Customers with relevant technical information using all Customer Services appropriate means or media to improve their ATA70-80 (engine manufacturer) Chapter system operation,
- Providing Engineering support to other Customer Services departments,
- Ensuring transfer of in-service experience and maintenance activities to the management, to other divisions of Customer Services and Airbus design organisation including vendors,
- Attending technical meetings with Customer engineering and maintenance organisations,
- Acting in an autonomous way with light supervision from Product Leader and Group manager,
- Reporting on all activities and relevant items in due time to Product Leader and Group manager.
This position requires standby duties every 5 weeks.
This role will involve some travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Knowledgeable graduated engineer with more than 3 years of professional experience preferably in various areas of activities such as technical data, engineering, or customer support,
- Knowledge and experience in different aircraft systems troubleshooting & maintenance,
- Knowledge and experience in Airline operations, engineering, & maintenance activities,
- Highly concerned by Customer service and service minded,
- Ability to cope with highly demanding environment,
- Good co-ordination and relational skills to deal with Customers, CoE/CoC, Suppliers and other Airbus departments,
- Good leadership skills,
- Understands Customer needs,
- Tenacious, adaptable and flexible,
- Reliable Team player, with a good sense of reporting,
- Available and willing to undertake their share of constraints, as part of a team dedicated to Customer service,
- Good presentation skills, both oral and written,
- Fluent in English, written and spoken, other languages skills appreciated.
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 20,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbus.com) with your CV and cover letter attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.