ATR - Technical Support Structure Engineer ATR Americas (M/F) - 18/142-P
Founded in 1981, ATR has become world leader on the market for regional aircraft with 90 seats or less. Since its creation, ATR has sold over 1,500 aircraft to over 200 operators based in more than 100 countries. ATR planes have totalled over 28 million flights. ATR is a joint partnership between two major European aeronautical players: Airbus Group and Leonardo. The ATR headquarters are located in Toulouse. ATR is ISO 14001 certified, the international benchmark for respecting the environment.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
The Technical Support Department mission is:
To provide technical assistance from Miami’s office and on-site whenever necessary to ATR customers in the Americas, currently over 250 aircraft with more in the backlog, to come in the next years.
To support customers operations continuous improvement by sharing experience and expertise on world wide ATR aircraft operation
To reinforce partnership with ATR customers by developing proximity and knowledge of customers’ ground operations
The Department reports to the VP of Technical Support and is currently made of one supervisor and three managers/engineers. The resignation of the current structures manager demands a quick replacement.
This is a local contract.
The Structure Support Engineer is responsible for providing technical support assistance related to structure requests to Customers operating ATR42 and ATR72 aircraft in the Americas region.
Tasks & accountabilities
- Ensure customer satisfaction by providing timely technical assistance and guidance
- Process customer requests (including during the week-ends on a rotation basis)
- Understand and clarify customer queries received by phone, email or CRM. Record the necessary information (aircraft information, time, etc.) in CRM (or other adapted tool)
- Address technical support queries reaching the AAS Technical Support Team, with special focus on the Structures ATA Chapters
- Provide damage assessment recommendations and repair guidelines to Customers in collaboration with the ATR Structure Support Team (TLS)
- Contribute to AAS Technical Support Team’s achievement of the departmental objectives in terms of customer service, i.e. treatment of customer queries ("AOG", “ Critical” and "Routine") within defined timelines
- Provide onsite Technical Assistance whenever required at Customer’s site (up to 20% of the work time)
- Provide onsite assistance/guidelines, Best Maintenance Practices and On the Job Training (OJT) to the airline maintenance staff
- Participate in Maintenance Check flights, pre/post troubleshooting and maintenance actions to confirm system operation as defined by ATR
- Focus on preventing and resolving in-service technical problems and provide feedback to ATR with proposed improvements based on in-service experience
- Prepare and present maintenance technical review to Customers and define an action plan to improve the dispatch reliability
- Promote and recommend preventive maintenance actions as well as the application of Service Bulletins that can improve technical reliability and possibly reduce maintenance costs
- Launch actions for changes/improvements to the Technical Publication whenever required
- Provide technical expertise during ATR Working Party and asset (aircraft) redelivery in the region
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Aeronautical/Aerospace/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant professional experience in the Aviation Industry; working experience on ATR aircraft is a must
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret aircraft structures drawings, wiring schematics and other aircraft technical documentation
- Deep knowledge of structural repair processes and standard practices
- Thorough understanding of aircraft maintenance and engineering operations, including line maintenance and heavy/base maintenance
- Knowledge of structure ATA chapters is required:
o Primary Structure,
o Secondary Structure,
- Knowledge of following Systems ATA chapters is would be a plus:
o Fight Controls system,
o Landing Gears system.
- Working knowledge of the ATR SRM, ability to understand structural repair kit manuals and ATR hardware standards
- Good understanding of aviation regulations EASA, FAA and other local authority regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of English and Technical English
- Ability to speak French, Spanish or Portuguese would be a plus
- Willing to travel on short notice to provide onsite technical support in the region (20% of the time minimum)
- Ability to work under pressure and to be on call during out of office hours
- Willing to ensure AOG duty also during weekends and public holidays on a rotation basis
- Good Microsoft Office skills
- Familiarity with CRM query management system would be a plus
ATR Americas is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 20,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to ATR and Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by ATR and Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.