SYSTEM SAFETY AND RAMS ENGINEER
Created in 1985, APSYS is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AIRBUS.
Apsys delivers essential services across AIRBUS and provides Expertise in Technical, Human & Organizational Risks Management dedicated to Aerospace, Automotive, and Railway, Nuclear, Environment and Petrochemical industries.
APSYS, an AIRBUS Group Company, is a leader in the fields of risk management consulting pertaining to Systems Safety and RAMS engineering (reliability, availability, maintainability, safety).
APSYS benefits from a multi-industries involvement with key prime contractors in:
- Aerospace and Defence,
- Energy, Oil and Gas and Nuclear.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Tasks & accountabilities
Within the frame of our development in Spain, we have exciting opportunities in the fields of Aerospace for System Safety and RAMS engineers (or engineers willing to specialize in this fields) in our RAMS Engineering group.
If you are interested in gaining experience or furthering your career in this area then this opportunity will enable you to focus on complex, multi-level system of systems engineering.
Whether you are an experienced engineer or starting your career and willing to specialize in these fields, we will consider your profile and motivation for the roles.
In the frame of entry-in-to-service aerospace projects, upgrade programmes, on-going retrofit projects (single aisle & long range) & R&T projects, you will perform RAMS studies for embedded systems.
You will be in charge of:
- Elaboration of Safety / Reliability analysis for aeronautical Systems (FHA, PSSA, SSA, FTA, Quantitative and Qualitative Assessment methodologies (QRA)...),
- Elaboration of Common Cause Analyses (Particular Risk Assessment, Common Mode Analyses),
- Assistance, advice and expertise on system design,
- Support and recommendations range of architectures with the designers,
- Support to in service events and RAMS analyses.
The job location is Madrid/Getafe, SPAIN.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
A RAMS engineer with previous aerospace experience (3-4 years) is preferred due to the complex nature of the work and the multi-tasking, cross platform environment.
- Knowledge of ARP4754 & ARP4761 standards
- Be familiar with the aeronautical régulations (particularly CS25) and DO254 and / or DO178 standards, as well as general FAA and EASA governance in the field of aerospace certification.
- Proven experience within the frame of Pneumatics Systems, Air Conditioning Systems, Oxygen Systems, Fire Protection Systems, Lighting Systems and/or Anti-icing Protection Systems design office.
- Good knowledge of the AIRBUS Processes.
Other preferred skills:
- Good analytical and synthesis mind-set,
- Proven aerospace certification documentation authoring skills and interpersonal skills,
- Ability to multi-task with self management,
- A rigorous, transparent and efficient working ethic,
- Knowledge of French language could be a plus.
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 20,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.