Work Package Leader for R&T Nacelle Actuation (m/f)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Work Package Leader for R&T Nacelle Actuation System (NAS) is open within Airbus in Toulouse.
You will join Engine & Nacelle Integration department in charge of integration and coordination of multidisciplinary activities linked to propulsion system integration to aircraft.
Within Propulsion System Integration department (Airbus Nacelles Systems), you will be part of the Research & Technology group, aiming at developing brand new nacelles concepts and demonstrators to equip future engines.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
Within R&T Nacelle plateau:
- Integrating the multifunctional team (MFT) in charge of the management of the NAS work-package,
- Being responsible for the definition of the technical specification, the technical activities and the integration activities (installation and testing),
- Being responsible for the management of suppliers for ensuring a product delivery compliant with the technical requirements, schedule, performance and cost targets up to the technology readiness level "TRL6",
- Coordinating architecture selection & definition in cooperation with all stakeholders (Aircraft systems , structural design ,aerodynamics , safety , engine & nacelle control and architects You will ensure that all supporting documentation / tools / models / methodologies are delivered as per development plan on Airbus & supplier side,
- Coordinating the communication within Airbus organization between R&T Program, Engineering, Procurement and Industrial teams,
- Being responsible for adapting Airbus Supplier Requirements (ASR) and deliverables to the R&T context, define & execute the detailed roadmap,
- Capturing future Aircraft applications needs and adapt the technology roadmaps to deliver adequate mature technologies.
Within EPT33 R&T group:
- Being referent for electromechanical nacelle actuation system supplier management with regards to development process, execution and documentation (in line with ASR & TRL processes),
- Reporting progress to Head of R&T Nacelle Systems Engineering and Engine & Nacelle integration Thrust Reverser Actuation System architect,
- Contributing to Statement of Work (SoW) update,
- Contributing to development plan update,
- Ensuring experience capitalization.
This role will involve several missions per year in USA & Europe to meet suppliers and contribute to demonstrator's test activities and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to 5 years degree level (or equivalent) in Engineering or a related discipline
- Experience in development and/or engineering R&T activity,
- Experience in Aircraft systems development,
- Experience in project and supplier management,
- Agile, interested at solving complex issues and defining new ways of working,
- Rigorous, autonomous, & team oriented.
- English: Advanced level (big part of the activity is in English)
- French: Advanced level
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 20,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbus.com) with your CV and cover letter attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.