Equipments & Avionics Industrialization Leader
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for an Equipments & Avionics Industrialization Leader has arisen within Airbus Commercial Aircraft in Toulouse, France.
In the company-wide initiative “End-to-End Supply Chain Quality Boost”, aiming at improving the quality of our suppliers’ products, the creation of Manufacturing Engineering for Systems, Landing Gear and Powerplant has been recognized as a key priority.
As a Manufacturing Engineering Industrialization Leader for Avionics, you will:
- Bring technology expertise, product and supplier knowledge to ensure the manufacturability, testability and quality of the product from industrial and operational point of views.
- Work on full product life-cycle from preparation of supplier selection to in-service support.
You will join a new team of Industrialisation leaders for Systems inside Engineering Systems and you will work with Engineering, Procurement, Quality and Industrial functions and with all the major suppliers worldwide, mainly across Europe and US.
You will activate specialists and experts when needed for deeper expertise in specific technologies.
Tasks & accountabilities
You will be mainly working on:
- Manufacturing aspects before and during supplier selection: requirements for Call For Tender, supplier’s proposals reviews, risks & opportunities plan.
- Assessment of manufacturability of the design during developments & changes: technical risks & opportunities analysis, participation to Design & Industrial reviews, challenge of design options and influence of suppliers’ design and manufacturing engineering.
- Products’ industrialization surveillance with regards to manufacturing engineering: participation to assessments and industrial reviews, and eradication of quality flaws.
- Resolution of issues and contributing to recovery & industrial performance improvement initiatives.
- Knowledge development inside industrialisation teams through cross-fertilization between products and programs.
This role will involve travels to supplier’s facilities and Airbus sites; as such you must be able to travel accordingly (around twice a month).
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Your Boarding Pass
- Strong technical background and experience in Detailed Design and Manufacturing.
- Proven experience in Avionics Systems equipment (AOA: Angle of attack, Probes, Pitot, MFP, Antennas).
- Experience as Product Engineer: from conception to manufacturing (Design To Manufacture).
- Experience in Industrialization, Production technologies & Manufacturing Processes.
- Experience in an industry where ensuring a link between Design & Supply Chain is key.
- Leadership skills to interface with external suppliers and Airbus representation.
- Knowledge of systems design, including interfaces and integration principles.
- Negotiation level English.
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 20,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply with your CV attached in English.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.