Internship - System General
Airbus AOSL Getafe
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
An excellent opportunity for a Recent Gradute OR Last Year Student engineer to undertake an internship within the System General department in Airbus Getafe.
Internships at Airbus
Tasks & accountabilities
The General Systems department deals with highly complex problems. Lightning Direct Effects is a multi-physics problem, involving electrical, magnetic, thermal, stress, radiation, fluid dynamics. We need a multidisciplinary approach, we work closely with other departments as design, stress, materials & processes, etc.
- Study the influence of lightning strikes on the CFRP structure, taking into account different parameters (paint thickness, panel thickness, different lightning surface protection types, …)
- Application of new methods for statistical analysis (Big Data / Data Science) for predictive capabilities
- State of the Art analysis of lightning strike protection solutions, participating in the R&D policy of the department
- Exposure to state-of-the-art materials (graphene, CNT, …) and characterization from electrical viewpoint.
- Statistical modelling of lighting events in relation to design procedures and airline maintenance impact
- Work at Aircraft level (all elements in an A/C: fuselage, tail cone, …)
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Recent Graduates OR Last year Students in Aeronautical, Industrial or Telecommunications Engineering.
- English :Negotiation level
- Spanish :Negotiation level
- Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Helicopters, Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 6,900
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.