Aircraft Performance Airworthiness Engineer
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
The Flight Physics Department of Airbus is looking for an « Aircraft Performance Engineer » to join our team working on Aircraft Performance Airworthiness activities in Toulouse, France.
The main activities of the "Aircraft Performance" domain are to establish Airbus aircraft overall performance, provide all required performance software and data for internal and external users, from pre-development phase, to certification and support in service.
In that position, the applicant will deal with the performance certification strategy for new aircraft developments (applicable regulatory requirements and means of compliance), the management of compliance demonstration for aircraft performance domain and the support to continued Airworthiness. It will also ensure independent check of compliance dossiers (Compliance Verification Engineer role).
We will facilitate a training period during which you will acquire the knowledge of regulatory aspects linked to aircraft performance activities to help your start contributing to technical studies within the low speed aircraft performance team.
Tasks & accountabilities
The main activities of the Aircraft Performance Engineer are to lead the following tasks:
- Contribution to the set-up of applicable certification bases.
- Defining the certification plan allowing to cover regulatory requirements.
- Setting up the detailed certification strategy as well as contributing to the elaboration of the flight-test Programme.
- Ensuring the interface with Airworthiness Authorities (EASA, FAA and other validation Authorities) for all above topics.
- Advising technical teams on regulation interpretation but also on Means of Compliance to develop.
- Validating the means of compliance to the requirements presented to the certification Authorities for approval.
The applicant will work in close collaboration with all stakeholders of the discipline (including aircraft performance, aerodynamics, propulsion, flight tests, customer support and overall aircraft design teams) and take part to the flight Manual elaboration process in view of aircraft Type Certificate or Major Modification certification.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Your Boarding Pass
- Engineering Degree specialised in Aeronautics.
- Knowledge of Aircraft Flight Physics, Flight Mechanics and Flight Operations.
- A first experience in Flight Physics, Aircraft Performance or Certification would be an asset.
- Good synthesis, presentation and communication skills.
- Strong team spirit, collaboration, pro-activity, adaptability and dynamism.
- Negotiation level in English.
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 20,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply with your CV attached in English.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.