VIE IN INFORMATION MANAGEMENT INFRASTRUCTURE AND OPERATIONS DEPARTMENT AT AIRBUS IN HERNDON, US
Airbus Americas Headquarters
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
The Volunteer for International Experience (VIE) program is an international program sponsored by the French Ministry of Economy, Finance and Employment, open to Airbus to offer young professionals the opportunity to have valuable paid work experience abroad in a technical or business function.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France’s eligibility criteria.
VIE Main Requirements:
- European Union citizens (plus Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Monaco), graduates up to and including 28 years old.
- Have fulfilled military obligations for their country, if any.
- Fluent in English.
For more information: http://www.civiweb.com/international/default.html (in English, German, Italian and Spanish)
To be eligible for work in the US under J-1 Visa, you must fulfil the requirements of the sponsor selected by Airbus for this mission, the French American Chamber of Commerce (FACC).
For more information: http://www.faccnyc.org/global-careers-j-1-visas/j-1-visa-program/j-1-visa-information/
A VIE position in the Information Management (IM) Infrastructure and Operations department has arisen within Airbus Americas Headquarters in Herndon, Virginia, United States. You will join Airbus North America Information Management which provides project and operational IM services to all Airbus divisions located in the US, Canada and Mexico.
2018 objectives include improved operational excellence and expansion of ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) services in User and Network Services to deliver (and measure) according to contracted services, capacity and continuous improvement needs.
As part of the IM Operations & Infrastructure team, your primary mission is to help capture and document service and reporting processes of our service delivery (Transition & Transformation operational processes, SLA's (Service Level Agreements) and KPI reporting processes, operational reporting output and dashboard templates, etc.) and also generate a quarterly IM Connected Newsletter
This 18 month’s duration contract will start on the 1st of October at the earliest.
Tasks & accountabilities
You will work with the IM Infrastructure and Operations manager, domain leads and service delivery managers to help:
- define, document and implement the lifecycle process used to maintain operational processes developed and implement by the operations team.
- develop and organize an operational process document repository for the infrastructure and operations team using Google Suite and teams.
- document and publish service processes organized by process owner and process actors
- define and develop customer facing operational report templates and dashboard views to be used by both suppliers and service delivery manages
- capture and author IM Connected News Letter Articles published quarterly
This role will involve some travel for business twice a year in the US and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to a 4 year’s degree (or equivalent) in Information Technology or a related discipline.
- Experience in Engineering
- Experience in Information systems
- Good to have a previous experience in Information Management domain as process owner or process actor
- Knowledge of MS Visio, Adobe Suite, Google Suite, Microsoft Team
- Knowledge in Process Development and/or Technical writing would be a nice to have
- Soft skills: autonomous, good at communicate with people and networking abilities.
- Language Skills:
o advanced level of English
o intermediate level of French
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV and cover letter attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.