End to End Manufacturing Engineering Specialist - Mechanical System Hose Assemblies (m/f)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
- Wanting to make a real difference?
- Seeking a new challenge?
- Energized by a dynamic working environment?
- Interested to work within a multi-cultural team?
Our team in Airbus Hamburg is searching for a Manufacturing Engineering Specialist (m/f) for Mechanical Systems, with a focus on hose assemblies.
What do we offer:
- Challenging tasks for unique services and products
- Interesting development opportunities, exciting perspectives
- Extensive company training offers (eLearning and Classroom Trainings)
- Pleasant working atmosphere in a professional and international work environment
- Flexible working hours & working time compensation
- Compatibility of work and family life, e.g. childcare services
- Attractive remuneration with components such as Christmas bonus, holiday pay, variable remuneration, profit-sharing, etc.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Employee Share Ownership Program and other share offers
- Health management, e.g. company medical officer
- Car leasing models for employees
- And a lot more
Published until: 04.07.2018
Disabled applicants with equal qualification are favoured.
Tasks & accountabilities
The company-wide initiative “End-to-end supply chain quality boost” aims to improve the quality of our suppliers’ products. As such, the creation of Manufacturing Engineering competences for Systems has been recognized as a key priority by Airbus top management.
As a Manufacturing Engineer Specialist, you will be the ME referent for all mechanical system hose assemblies, with potential to expand to other products. You will bring technology expertise and product/supplier knowledge to ensure the manufacturability, testability and quality of the product from industrial and operational standpoints.
You will work throughout the complete product life cycle: From supplier selection to in-service support; with strong focus on preventive measures to reduce product issues by considering the manufacturing process during development and industrial changes (e.g. process changes or transfers of work). You will work with Suppliers and in close link with Engineering, Procurement, Supply Chain Quality and Industrial.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Manufacturability assessments of the design during development & industrial changes: technical risks & opportunities analysis, participation to Design & Industrial reviews, challenge of design options and influence of suppliers’ design and manufacturing
- Manufacturing aspects before and during supplier selection: requirements for Call For Tender, supplier’s proposals reviews, risk & opportunity plan
- Supporting products’ industrialization surveillance with regards to manufacturing engineering: participation to assessments and industrial reviews, and eradication of quality flaws
- Supporting resolution of issues and contributing to recovery & industrial performance improvement initiatives
- Developing knowledge inside M.E. teams through cross-fertilization between products and programs
This role will involve travel to supplier’s facilities and global Airbus sites; as such you must be able to travel accordingly (around twice a month).
- Systems Architect
- Supply Chain Quality
- Supplier Management
- Work Package Leader
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
As the successful candidate you will be able to demonstrate some or all of the following skills and competencies:
- Engineering degree or similar
- Manufacturing Engineering expertise (manufacturing processes, methods, technologies, machines)
- Experience in hose assemblies (mandatory)
- Strong competence in mechanical systems design, installation and/or quality
- Knowledge of Systems products (Specifications, Design, Operational context, Technologies, In-service life)
- Knowledge of design, including interfaces and integration principles
- Industrial expertise (systems performance concepts, lean principles, production & operations management, problem solving techniques)
- Awareness of suppliers contractual framework (ASR, GRESS)
- Audits & assessments
- Project management experience
- Cross-functional approach
- Interaction with different cultural backgrounds
- Interface with external suppliers and Airbus representation
- Negotiation level of English.
- Airbus (Commercial Aircraft)
- approx. 12,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy on line at our careers site (company.airbus.com/careers.html) Please add your CV, relevant certificates and your salary expectations. For the motivation letter please use the respective free type box.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.