Configuration Management Officer for Orion-ESM Program (m/f)
Airbus Defence and Space Bremen (ex Astrium ST)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Configuration Management Officer (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space in Bremen at the earliest possible start date. The successful applicant will join “TSIA - PMO & Contracts”.
Orion is NASA's next spacecraft to send humans into space. It is designed to send astronauts further into space than ever before, beyond the Moon to asteroids and even Mars. Airbus Defence and Space has developed and is going to deliver this year the first unmanned version of European Service module (ESM 1) for the maiden flight of the Orion. The evolution of the program will continue with the first manned Service Module (ESM 2) of the Orion crewed spacecraft and is planned to continue throughout the next years with further Service Modules for NASA's exploration mission.
Disabled applicants with equal qualifications will be given special consideration.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
Become Part Orion’s ESM Configuration Management Team interacting with the internal functions and with the costumer ESA and other external stakeholders:
- Identify and document the functional and physical characteristics of the ESM according to the Configuration Management Plan
- Support the change processes to the product characteristics design considering compliance with contractual requirements
- Maintain the configuration baseline for design and as built through approved documentation Document Status List and Change Status List like Product Tree, CIDL, Drawing Trees, Part List, ABCDL, RFD / RFW Status
- Maintain the internal documentation (technical and contractual) in PDM tools, support the release process
- Versioning of change request and updates of documents (history log and/or obsolete versions)
- Review subcontractor documentation data packages and integrate and release prime level data packages for reviews at ESM level
- Ensure data supplied complies with Company Configuration Managements systems, the contractual requirements and follows export control restrictions
- Support proposal preparation (Configuration and Document Management Part)
- Support configuration H/W inspections, reviews and audits and contribute to continuous improvement of the CM processes
- Support tracking of CM KPI reporting
The product life cycle of the Orion / ESM program is planned to stretch out over more than a decade into the future. Consequently the job-holder is expected to prepare the future of CM in Orion through digital transformation:
- Actively support the transition to new PDM Toolset in line with company roadmap
- Support the introduction of new CM processes and toolset by acting as a key-user coaching other stakeholders
- Further transform the configuration management from paper and file based working mode into a parametric model based digital future
- Drive from a CM perspective the digital continuity within the Orion project for design and production data flow along the functional chains
- Support definition, proof of concept and implementation of CM and design work-flow automation
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Educated to a degree level in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or a related discipline
- Experience in configuration management with Windchill (mandatory) and SAP (preferred)
- Knowledge of data bases and data flows architecture for integration design and configuration management systems
- Bring the necessary mind-set to understand digital transformation as a change of culture and act as a role model for others
- Experience of working in an international/multicultural environment
- Pro-activity, dynamism and good communication and analytical skills
- Fluent in English
- Airbus Defence and Space, Airbus (Commercial Aircraft)
- approx. 3,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply for this vacancy at our careers site (www.jobs.airbus-group.com) with your full application (Cover letter, CV and certificates) attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
What do we offer:
- Challenging tasks for/with unique services and products
- Pleasant working atmosphere in a professional and international work environment
- Exciting development opportunities and perspectives
- Extensive company training offers (eLearning and Classroom Trainings)
- Flexible working hours
- Compatibility of work and family life
- Attractive remuneration
- Company Pension Scheme
- Good connections to public transport and local parking facilities
- Catering facilities on site
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.