Test Equipment Support Engineer
Airbus Defence and Space Manching
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Test Equipment Support Engineer (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space in Ulm, after end of 2019 in Manching. The successful applicant will join “Military Mission Tests Facility”.
Tasks & accountabilities
Military Mission Tests Facility operates the A400M Military Test and Support Facility (MTSF) until the end of 2019 in Ulm, then probably in Manching for the integration and testing activities of the Military Mission Management System (M-MMS) and the Defensive Aids Subsystem (DASS). For the operation and maintenance of the test facilities developed for this purpose and the IT network, we are looking for a test facilities support engineer to support the operating team. His or her presence in the A400M MTSF will ensure the smooth running of test operations in the MTSF. For the users of the test facilities, he/she is the first contact for all topics and questions concerning the test operation and the test facilities.
The location of the contract is Manching with a secondment to Ulm until the end of 2019.
The main tasks are:
- Supervision and support of the operation of the test facilities in the MTSF.
- The user's first point of contact for all questions concerning the test operation and the test facilities.
- If necessary, organization of second level support.
- Error analysis in case of problems with the test equipment or UUTs.
- Verification of the proper functioning of the test facilities including the creation of test cases for the acceptance of hardware
- Creation of required PC configurations using modern software deployment mechanisms.
- Identification of problems in the IT infrastructure used using IT monitoring tools.
- Planning and rescheduling the bench times.
- Establishment of the planned test system configurations.
- Preparation of the test facilities for formal tests and handover to the responsible testers.
- Maintenance of the test system configuration using the configuration software provided for this purpose.
- Maintain statistics on test facility utilization.
- Managing and providing measuring devices and tools.
- Delivery management taking into account applicable regulations (e.g. export controls).
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Degree in electrical engineering or comparable
- Several years of experience in engineering
Good knowledge in the field of
- Real-time test systems, preferably TechSAT ADS2
- Avionics Systems
- avionics buses (MilBus, AFDX, ARINC429,...)
- Microsoft IT Systems, IT and network technology tool knowledge
- Configuration management tools such as SAP-PLM, PVCS Microsoft Server
- English fluent, German good
What do we offer:
- Challenging tasks for/with unique services and products
- Pleasant working atmosphere in a professional and international work environment
- Exciting development opportunities and perspectives
- Extensive company training offers (eLearning and Classroom Trainings)
- Flexible working hours
- Compatibility of work and family life
- Attractive remuneration
- Company Pension Scheme
- Good connections to public transport and local parking facilities
- Catering facilities on site
- Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 4,500
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply for this vacancy at our careers site (www.jobs.airbus-group.com) with your CV attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.