Autonomous Flight - Flight Control System Engineer (m/f)
Airbus Helicopters Marignane
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for an Autonomous Flight - Flight Control System Engineer has arisen within Airbus Helicopters in Marignane. You will join the Automatic Flight Control System Department.
You will join the team in charge of the development of the autopilot software for the drones in development (VSR700, City Airbus) and future drones.
This software will be the next generation of autopilot software with all the automatic/autonomous functions from auto take-off/landing, navigation, remote piloting to camera coupling, target acquisition and sense and avoid.
It implements also the failure/abnormal behaviour detections algorithms necessary to ensure safety and system automatic reconfiguration.
You will join an experienced team and will be able to develop innovations in the field of autonomy.
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your task will range from:
- Functions specification both system and control laws specification.
- Algorithms coding inside embedded software.
- Validation and verification using simulation system bench and flight test.
Technical development of part or whole Flight Control System during whole implementation phase, incl.driving the integration, verification and validation:
- Understand and apply techniques of automatic control, including filtering and estimation,stability control… and ability to use info/data from sensors in control/estimation alogorithms.
- Know and apply application data specific processing techniques and technologies related to Flight Control Systems.
- To identify the activities of the development life cycle that are necessary to develop a system/product and provide the level of confidence which is consistent with regulation and program requirements.
- To define checkpoints and reviews with associated maturity expectation aligned with program phases and gates.
- To provide sufficient detailed data and information about system elements to enable the implementation consistent with architectural entities as defined in models and views of the system architecture and in accordance with the allocated requirements.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to a 5 years’ degree level (or equivalent) in Engineering / Aerospace Engineering or a related discipline.
- Control laws skills.
- Knowledge of block languages like Simulink or Scade is a real plus.
- Rigor, ability to work in team and motivation.
- Advanced level of English and French.
- Airbus Helicopters
- approx. 9,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy using your eRecruiting profile with your CV attached.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.