Factory of the Future – Manager (m/w) Physical Factory
Airbus Defence and Space Munich (ex Airbus Military)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a “Factory of the Future – Manager (m/w) Physical Factory” has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space in Ottobrunn.
The successful applicant will join “Industrial Innovation and Factory of the Future”.
Industrial Innovation & Factory of the Future is a recently created team steering the transformation of Plants and FALs towards the Factory of the future in Digital, Physical and Human aspects. It is a central body interacting with other of key stakeholders: Manufacturing Engineering, IM, other Division and Group initiatives and the whole manufacturing community.
Tasks & accountabilities
Tasks and mission:
Are you passionate about new manufacturing technologies and their applications? Are you willing to challenge the status quo of manufacturing for driving a complete organization to a new standard of manufacturing?
Then apply for joining the Industrial Innovation and Factory of the Future department!
The challenge is about:
- Provide the required knowledge to define the vision and definition of the Factory of the future concept in terms of the new Manufacturing Technologies and solutions that will be used, being involved in the selection of the corresponding initiatives in strong collaboration with the different Stakeholders
- Represent the Factory of the Future and collaborate in the Industrial definition and potential implementation for the selected technologies and initiatives across Airbus Defence and Space operations community, warranting the alignment with the Factory of the Future Strategy
- Propose efficient, sustainable and agile developments with roadmaps and layout offering the most benefits for the business evolution and the overall operations community (Plants and FALs)
- Propose and make evolve agile standard models able to cope with business evolution
- Lead and deliver the new Industrial and Manufacturing Technologies and processes for Factory of the future Initiatives with the permanent objective of cost efficient, flexible, scalable operation, security and extended enterprise
- Support the development and implementation of new technological proposals to feed into Plants and FALs where needed
- Ensure best practices and best solutions of standards are known, logged and communicated in the interest of Airbus
- This role will involve some travel for business in Europe and as such you must be able to travel accordingly
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications and experiences:
- You are educated to a Master’s Degree in Engineering, Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering, Business Engineering or a related discipline
- You are passionate about digitalization and new manufacturing technologies
- You are experienced in new technologies and their implementation, specially focused on Industrial manufacturing technologies and new developments
- You know about assembly technics and processes
- You have already made strong experience in manufacturing – if possible
- You are autonomous, curious and creative as well as open minded and able to work in transversal environment
- You are able to drive improvements, with good innovation skills and visions
- You have shown your experience in stakeholders management with ability to work and influence in transversal environments
- Your communications skills are on of your assets
- You are open minded, do have a strong multi-cultural adaptability
- Your English is fluent, German, French or Spanish would be an asset
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus Defence and Space, Other Business
- approx. 6,500
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply for this vacancy at our careers site (www.jobs.airbus-group.com) with your CV attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.