Airframe Customer Service Engineer - Repair SRM - Fatigue & Damage Tolerance (m/f)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for an Airframe Customer Service Engineer has arisen within Airbus in Hamburg at the earliest possible start date.
We are looking for a repair engineer to perform fatigue and damage tolerance (F&DT) justification of structure repair and allowable damage for Structure Repair Manual (SRM) of Single Aisle, Long Range, and A380 aircrafts.
In this role you will evaluate and propose improvement of existing or new repair and allowable damage principles. You will establish F&DT structure repair analysis guideline and justification reports. As SRM engineer you also define structure repair inspection program and support the preparation of input data for the SRM publication.
Disabled applicants with equal qualification are favoured.
Tasks & accountabilities
In close cooperation within SRM perimeters (design & static stress teams) and certification departments, you will be responsible to:
- Define input data required for SRM F&DT justification and follow-up
- Prepare analysis guidelines for external partners and suppliers
- Plan, specify and monitor the SRM technical activities
- Establish, cascade and manage the project requirements to external partners and suppliers for on-time, on-cost and on-quality
production of SRM stress reports
- Check and approve SRM stress reports
- Support input data establishment for SRM publication
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Aerospace) or similar
- Several years of professional experience in performing F&DT justification of aircraft metallic structure particularly of structure
- Knowledge in the F&DT repair analysis method and compliance to the certification requirement
- Experience in using Airbus structure F&DT analysis tools and applications, i.e. ISSY, SAFE, RAG, ISAMI
- Experience in defining structure inspection program and adequate knowledge of various types of in-service damages and
- Knowledge in using the Structure Repair Manual (SRM)
- Experiences in subcontracting management
- Ability to anticipate and arbitrate daily technical decisions in case of conflict
- Excellent ability to work in team; further solid communication skills are required
- Good knowledge and practice in English and German
- Airbus (Commercial Aircraft)
- approx. 12,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com). Please add your CV, relevant certificates and your motivation letter including your salary expectations.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.