Landing Gear – Senior and Principal Engineers
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
We have a number of exciting opportunities in the UK within Landing Gear (ATA32) in Filton for the following disciplines;
- Wheels, Tyres and Brakes
- Brakes, Steering and Control Systems
- Landing Gear Extension and Retraction Systems
- Avionics – Hardware and Software.
We are looking for people with a broad level of experience (typically minimum of 5 years) and also for specialists within these fields.
Our people work with passion and determination to deliver right first time solutions and in this senior leadership role you will provide strategic direction ensuring technical excellence and safety.
Your experience will mean that you a confident to give advice at all levels promoting a speak-up culture and ensuring all issues are resolved and risks are managed.
Landing gear is a unique set of systems, equipment and structure. It is a critical system highly integrated into the aircraft and encapsulates both primary structure and complex systems in a challenging operating environment.
The role of a Landing Gear Engineer is to manage requirements, develop integrated efficient design solutions that comply with the specifications and ensure the continued airworthiness of the system throughout the complete product lifecycle (from Research and Technology to in-service). Working closely with Equipment Vendors and Extended Enterprise Suppliers and other areas of the business (e.g. Procurement, Program, Chief Engineers, Test, Operations and Customer Support) these roles will be responsible for delivering tasks and projects that are safe, certifiable and integrated with the right quality, on time and within budget.
Your experience will mean you can give pragmatic leadership and advice to others and you will have a passion for developing the landing gear system of the future using technology to drive differentiation and also further change in the organisation and new ways of working.
Tasks & accountabilities
- To lead and undertake Engineering activities covering a broad variety of Landing Gear Systems and Equipment Engineering tasks, delivering integrated technical solutions both autonomously and by leading multi-functional teams within the fast-moving and dynamic perimeter.
- To perform independent reviews and provide technical advice and guidance.
- To mentor, coach and develop others within the group and act as a role model.
- To ensure all engineering solutions meet all requirements and align with the Verification and Validation plan.
- To lead multi-disciplinary teams and define all activities required for each task under your leadership, deriving a robust plan and identifying all resource needs.
- To ensure strong links with all stakeholders, including Chief Engineers, Vendors, Flight Test, Procurement, Customer Services and the Final Assembly Line.
- To implement best practice driving change and continuous improvements.
As the successful candidate, you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a related discipline.
- Proven Engineering experience working within a systems environment.
- Successful leadership and delivery of complex tasks.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to adapt and work in a challenging environment.
- Knowledge of Landing Gear Systems.
- Background within Aerospace.
- Conversant with relevant Airworthiness regulations and certification processes.
- Aspires to obtain technical signatory status.
- Advanced level of English.
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
Applications will be accepted from April 16th 2018 to May 16th 2018.
o Excellent competitive salary with yearly reviews
o Total remuneration package made up of Basic Salary, Performance Bonus & Success Sharing
o 25 days holiday (Ability to buy 35 additional hours) plus bank holidays
o Pension Scheme Defined contribution pension scheme with scale matching contribution
o Flexible Benefits based on grade – Multiple options including health care and car options
o Flexible working hours & practices (including Friday half-day)
o Onsite social clubs
o Strong career development opportunities (learning path, opportunities to move internally, UK wide and internationally)
- United Kingdom
- Bristol & Filton
- Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus (Corporate Functions)
- approx. 3,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.