Business Development Manager – Insurance and Finance
Airbus Defence and Space (Intelligence) Guildford
Airbus Defence and Space (Intelligence) Newcastle
Airbus Defence and Space (Intelligence) Leicester
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Are you an experienced Business Development Manager with a background in Insurance and Mortgage Lending / Finance sectors? Love negotiating, in complex markets, to get the right solution for both yourself and your customer? Passionate about Risk Management?
Then this is the role for you!
Airbus Defence and Space (Intelligence) is a leading provider of geographic information products, optical and radar satellite imagery, software and services delivering geographic information solutions into both private and public sector organisations worldwide.
Airbus Defence and Space provides high value-added solutions including geo-information services, data management and processing, risk analysis, consultancy and the provision of hosted solutions.
As a Business Development Manager you will be joining a department that works on national and global projects, using geospatial and property data to support Risk Management. One key area we're working on is analysing all addresses in Great Britain in order to assess subsidence / flood risks for portfolios.
The successful candidate will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
This role can be located in Guildford OR Leicester OR Newcastle
Tasks & accountabilities
- Working closely with external stakeholders (both data and solutions providers) in order to pull together an integrated offering. This requires a “business analytics” approach and the need for thorough and clear documentation.
- Providing support for business strategy, business cases and models, implementing new solutions and services, marketing initiatives and detailed specifications.
- Managing the end-to-end bidding process - analysis of bid / no bid criteria, management of bid inputs, contributions to the proposal preparation
- Creating, evolving and managing key relationships with clients
- Seeking, developing and closing sales opportunities within a complex market – Ensuring the best possible balance is struck between customer expectations and Airbus Defence and Space
- Knowledge of UK and International Insurance and Mortgage Lending sectors
- Consultative approach – including guiding and supporting clients in finding the shape of the solution and topic they are facing
- Knowledge of industry practices in property, risk management, peril analysis, peril Management or other related fields.
- Understanding of financial aspects of projects, bids and business cases
- Ability to manage and respond to complex bid preparation processes
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.