IT System/ IT Project Manager Integrated Logistics Support (m/f)
Airbus Defence and Space Manching
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for an IT System/ IT Project Manager Integrated Logistics Support (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space in Manching.
The successful applicant will join the Combat Platform & Systems department (TZISP4)
It is an exciting time to join the Information Management (IM) Team. IM as the unique Business Partner enables our business with Information Technology (IT) as part of the Digital Transformation Office. IM is involved in all business processes and enables technical as well as management careers. IM covers a wide range of state-of-the-art technologies and positions ranging from IT infrastructure, application support to governance or strategic consultancy.
Especially for Young talents IM offers best conditions for a successful career in an advanced and forward-looking environment. Working for the IM Organization means living global trends such as digitalization, innovation and a new ways of working.
Tasks & accountabilities
A vacancy for has arisen within IM Airbus Defense & Space in Manching (TZISP4). You will be part of the Integrated Logistic Support area as an IT System/ IT Project Manager whose IT applications enable our Customer Service colleagues to deliver best-value Material Services to our customers.
As a job holder you are responsible for the system support and consulting of the IT systems in Customer Services such as in the area of Material Services: ELMASS, EES and C#3 OPAL. For the systems ELMASS / EES the continuous availability as well as the immediate taking of suitable measures are to be ensured in the case of system crashes or system errors. Furthermore, the improvement and further development of the systems, the adaptation to new business models, the consulting for the business departments and the feasibility of new processes in the systems as well as the user support fall into your competence. In this dynamic services environment, it is important to understand and analyze customer requirements. These should then be timely and efficiently planned and implemented in IT processes and systems.
The main tasks include in detail:
- Responsible for the smooth operation of the S2000M system ELMASS for the ISS Supply Management tasks including ELMASS / EES Administration
- Immediate corrective measures in the event of discrepancies or errors in the transactions, the user interface, the processing of order data, the database or the data content
- Responsibility for the correct operation of the Central Eurofighter Export System (EES) which is the agency system between Eurofighter Export Customers and the Eurofighter Partner Companies
- Monitoring the S2000M-based data exchange between the S2000M systems of the communication partners and taking appropriate corrective actions in the event of an error
- Support requests from system users in the role of IM support to the business
- Analysis of causes of discrepancies or the system impact of change requests following the creation of the programming specification in close cooperation with the system programmers
- Monitoring the system change with subsequent acceptance tests and release for production transfer
- Optimizing the systems and interfaces in the sense of reducing the response times, optimizing the operation, minimizing the errors and improving the user support
- IT & Process Consulting for business departments regarding possible system changes and new services: from concept creation based on an analysis of business requirements to the preparation of cost estimates and offers
- Manage IT projects (implementation, integration and testing of complex software systems) in collaboration with the business units taking into account external (supplier management) and internal interfaces as well as cost, quality and timeline
- Extensive Information Systems experience
- Experience in multinational projects / ideally project management
- Communication and presentation skills
- Customer-oriented, open to a dynamic Environment
- Extensive Project management experience
- Good knowledge of the ELMASS / EES system as well as MS Office (especially Excel and Access)
- Negotiation level of English
- Experience in ILS / ISS and relevant ASD specifications desirable
- Process knowledge of Performance Based Logistics (C#3) environment desirable
- Familiarity with ORACLE / SQL databases and C / C ++ desirable
- Experience and knowledge in SAP (Modules SD / MM / LM3) desirable
- Linux knowledge (desirable)
Employees with less experience are welcomed to apply!
- Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 4,500
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply for this vacancy at our careers site (http://company.airbus.com/careers) with your CV attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.