Navigation System Engineer (m/f)
Airbus Defence & Space Ottobrunn
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Navigation System Engineer (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space in Ottobrunn.
The successful applicant will join “Navigation Products”.
What can you expect?
You will join the PRS & Receivers Team and contribute to the ongoing development of the PRS/OS SW Receiver and the End-To-End Navigation Simulator. In that role you will be involved in various GNSS activities where you will define, implement, and test navigation algorithms and features.
With more than 60 engineers and almost 20 years of experience, the Airbus Navigation Department is one of the leading expert groups in Europe for the development and implementation of the European satellite navigation systems EGNOS and Galileo.
Tasks & accountabilities
In your daily activities you will:
- Support the development of Galileo PRS and OS software receivers, algorithms, and features
- Support the evolution of the Galileo system with respect to PRS/OS navigation signals and performance
- Operate and support the development of the End-To-End Navigation Simulator for navigation signals performance analysis
- Support the definition and development of new tools for navigation signals performance analysis
- Define, plan, and conduct testing activities in laboratory as well as measurements campaigns
- Interpret measured data and evaluate test results
- Support requirements derivation for the Galileo PRS and OS software receivers
- Create and maintain system engineering documents and technical reports
- Present the achieved results in front of national and international customers, industrial partners, technical meetings, symposia and conferences
- Contribute to new ideas and applications related to satellite navigation on PRS related aspects
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications and experiences:
- Master’s degree in an Engineering discipline such as Navigation, Telecommunication, Software Engineering, Signal Processing, Applied Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of satellite-based navigation systems, navigation signals, and receiver architecture.
- Experience in SW development and good knowledge of C++.
- Good understanding of GNSS receiver technology and signal processing techniques inside GNSS receivers is considered an asset.
- Alternatively, experience with INS integration, sensors fusion, and integrity/RAIM is considered an asset.
- The candidate shall be in possession of a national security clearance or in the position to acquire one.
- A fluent level of English language is required. The knowledge of German language is considered an asset.
- Good communication skills, flexibility, and a team working attitude are desired.
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus Defence and Space, Other Business
- approx. 6,500
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply for this vacancy at our careers site (www.jobs.airbus-group.com) with your CV attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.