Digital Accelerator - DevOps Engineer (m/f)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Here at Airbus, we’re transforming the way we develop and share technology with our customers – and we’re looking for progressive thinkers to help us do it. This is an opportunity to join one of European’s most iconic brands as part of an agile and fast-paced team. You’ll work with us to deliver programs in new and clever ways, and be given the chance to develop your own skills too.
Two vacancies for a DevOps Engineer (m/f) position have arisen within Airbus Commercial Aircraft in Toulouse. You will join the Digital Accelerator a department of IM (Information Management Domain), in charge of IT solutions for Services domain.
As a DevOps Engineer in the team running the Cloud technology platform for Airbus, you will be in the driver’s seat to have a huge impact on our organisations usage of technology and overall agility.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Building & maintaining our purpose built automated CI/CD pipeline
- Driving automation initiatives & continuous improvement throughout our environment
- Defining and implementing solution architecture of Airbus Cloud platform in line with industry best practices and enterprise architecture guidelines
- Ensuring agility in delivery and fostering innovation
- Provide guidance and support to business and application delivery teams to fully leverage the benefits of cloud technology
This job requires from you constant awareness of the compliance risks we face in day-to-day responsibilities. Your continuous commitment to act with integrity with each other, with your communities, business partners and suppliers is the foundation of your success and sustainable growth.
The commitment to integrity is supported by your adherence to all internal policies and procedures that govern business activities.
Compliance with these policies will also protect Airbus reputation and brand, some of our most strategic and important assets.
This role will involve some travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering or relevant field
- An understanding of large-scale, high volume and high availability critical systems in Cloud environment such as Amazon Web Services, Azure or Google Cloud
- Experience in hosting, integration, storage, networks, and DevOps automation engineering
- Experience with automated configuration management technologies such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Experience with CI/CD methodologies, processes and tools, such as Atlassian products, Jenkins, etc
- Database experience with Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL or MongoDB
- Logging & event management tools such as Splunk, ELK Stack, Greylog, etc
- Backup & recovery procedures and technologies, data storage and retention requirements
- Experience in working in and with Agile delivery teams / projects / programs
- Negotion level in English
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 20,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV and cover letter attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.