VIE - ENTERPRISE RISK MANAGEMENT & FINANCIAL ANALYST in HERNDON, USA
Airbus Americas Headquarters
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
The Volunteer for International Experience (VIE) program is an international program sponsored by the French Ministry of Economy, Finance and Employment, open to Airbus to offer young professionals the opportunity to have valuable paid work experience abroad in a technical or business function.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France’s eligibility criteria.
VIE Main Requirements:
- European Union citizens (plus Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Monaco), graduates up to and including 28 years old.
- Have fulfilled military obligations for their country, if any.
- Fluent in English.
For more information: http://www.civiweb.com/international/default.html (in English, German, Italian and Spanish)
To be eligible for work in the US under J-1 Visa, you must fulfil the requirements of the sponsor selected by Airbus for this mission, the French American Chamber of Commerce (FACC).
For more information: http://www.faccnyc.org/global-careers-j-1-visas/j-1-visa-program/j-1-visa-information/
A 18 month’s VIE as Enterprise Risk Management & Financial Analyst has arisen within Airbus Americas Headquarters in Herndon, USA.
This contract will start from 1st May 2018 with one month at Airbus in Toulouse then you will flight to the USA from June 2018.
You will join the Airbus Finance organization in North America which is responsible for the financial governance and controlling of several operating entities in the region as well as delivering shared services in the areas of Accounting, Treasury, Financial Systems and Tax. The Finance organization additionally takes leadership in the implementation of the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) process, as well as in the consolidation and reporting of these data. The Central Planning and Controlling department, under the direction of the Airbus Americas Head of Finance, is tasked with providing overall financial planning, controlling consolidation and reporting, as well as ERM governance and consolidation, and taking an active role in support of participating businesses and functions. These include Finance, HR, IM and Procurement amongst others.
As Enterprise Risk Management & Financial Analyst, you will be responsible to support the implementation of the Enterprise Risk Management process within Airbus Americas. You will work in coordination with the central controlling and reporting department to help streamlining the current financial processes and tasks, including financial planning, closing and reporting, among others.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- You will support the process of defining an ERM policy, based on the Corporate's policy, adapted to the Airbus Americas' business processes.
- You will also support the implementation of the Active Risk Management (ARM) tool, coordinating its set-up with Corporate. This includes coordinating and training the different functions and businesses in Airbus Americas, as well as the preparation and facilitation of Risk & Opportunity review meetings with a diverse audience of senior leaders.
- Additionally, you will take an active role participating in specific transformation projects within the Finance function, especially in the areas of Controlling and Reporting
This role could involve some travel for business (one per month) and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to a 4 year’s degree in General Business Administration, Economics
- You have knowledge in Finance, IT and Project management
- Strong competence in financial analysis and Enterprise Risk Management
- Well versed in the extended suite of Microsoft desktop and online tools, including Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project and SharePoint.
- Interest in data analysis and manipulation.
- Previous experience and good understanding of the Active Risk Management tool is as well highly appreciated.
- An international experience (more than 6 months) would be a nice to have
- Soft skills:
o Ability and confidence to evolve in a multicultural environment – diplomat
o Ability to manage multiple priorities and organize workload autonomously
o Rigorous, analytical, pro-active, autonomous and self-motivated
o Strategic outlook
o Strong interpersonal skills
o Ability to deliver presentations and communications materials
- Language Skills:
o Negotiation level of English
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV and cover letter attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.