Connectivity Technology Specialist – for Manufacturing and Shopfloor (m/f)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Connectivity Technology Specialist – for Manufacturing and Shopfloor (m/f) has arisen within Airbus in Toulouse. You will join the “Network & Coms Services Development” department.
Connectivity for Manufacturing & Shopfloor is essential for Airbus digital transformation and can be grouped in 3 main use case families:
- Metering and Tracking: for logistics and Supply chain, to track a large variety of assets in real time,
- Dynamic Execution: to enhance manufacturing processes in shopfloor and Manufacturing areas,
- Connected Product: to increase Airbus product efficiency and offer additional services to ICT customers.
With emerging technologies and services around Internet of Things / Enterprise 4.0, and the next generation of wireless technologies (such as 5G), you will have to cope with a harsh and various environment and the traditional architecture paradigms will be revisited.
You will have to design & build reliable services to enable business teams to deliver efficient Products via automated and secured solutions.
You will be the “goto Guru” / Subject Matter Expert in order to advise and deliver a specific technology or methodology use case. Your main missions will be :
- Having full accountability for Connectivity services design in line with manufacturing & shopfloor business solution needs,
- Supporting and advising the manufacturing & shopfloor machine & tool designers to make the best use of Connectivity services,
- Anticipating technology innovations and planning their introduction into Airbus Information System.
Airbus needs to on board people with proven experience on new state of the Art Connectivity technology, i.e. new concepts/ protocols/technologies enabling Digitalisation and Flexible ICT used by the leading edge Digital companies.
You will strongly contribute to transformation of Airbus IT, by influencing culture change and establishing new way of working.
You will work in a worldwide organization (Europe, US, China, India), providing Connectivity to cloud services bought by Airbus Civil business or ICT business services. You will also have to manage some external interfaces.
Your main challenges will be:
- The scope and the complexity of manufacturing & shopfloor environments,
- The current understanding and use of Connectivity technologies within the business,
- To challenge current ways of working and support digital transformation,
- To adapt technical solutions with Airbus security rules but ensuring the Business adding value.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Driving Global service design and evolution making best use of Manufacturing & Shopfloor solutions,
- Supporting the business demand by providing the required technology expertise to the business line of services,
- Proving value of new technologies to establish business case,
- Updating the company guidance and policies regarding the use of a specific technology or methodology,
- Advising on specific topics related to the technology and/or methodology,
- Ensure that services are in compliance with Airbus Group security rules and standards.
- Driving the global coherence and integration of the overall architecture,
- Monitoring the technology and/or methodology trends and supporting the teams to apply these within the Airbus Environment
This role will involve some travel for business (once a month in Europe) and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Engineering degree or Master degree (or equivalent) in Information Technology,
- 5 years of experience in networking,
- Good Knowledge of state of the art connectivity technologies, as well as emerging technologies:
o Wireless: LTE-4G, Wi-Fi, ISA100, Wireless HART, RFID, LPWAN (NB-IoT, LTE-m, LoRa, Sigfox), ZigBee, Bluetooth, Radio Frequencies physical knowledge,
o Network: Ethernet, VLAN, Switching, IP routing, Security (Firewalling, NAC 802.1x), DNS, BGP, IPSEC VPN,
o CCNP/CCDP level (not certification) would be a plus,
- Excellent internal and external networking skills,
- Ability to synthetize, structure and vulgarize highly technical topics,
- Ability to work in a transnational team,
- Good communication skills and autonomy,
- Advanced level of English and French.
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 20,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.