Digital Accelerator - Software Engineer (m/f)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Four vacancies for a Software Engineer (m/f) have arisen within Airbus Commercial Aircraft in Toulouse. You will join the Digital Accelerator a department of IM (Information Management Domain), in charge of IT solutions for Services domain.
As the Software Engineer for Airbus, you will architect, design and develop these solutions in a new agile digital products focused organisation.
You will possess a thorough knowledge of what it takes to develop scalable, extensible technology in a continuous integration and delivery environment. You will oversee critical customer-facing applications (web and mobile), low latency high throughput backend services, and integrations with Airbus’ core e-commerce, flight operations and customer data platforms. You will experience significant intellectual, technical, operational, and organizational challenges. You will work hard, have fun and directly contribute to developing a world class digital capability.
You will partner with business leaders and product owners to shape our products, to develop and deliver the associated software services and tools to accelerate the growth of our business. This is an exciting opportunity to shape how Airbus delivers software solutions that touch millions of customers world-wide.
This job requires from you constant awareness of the compliance risks we face in day-to-day responsibilities. Your continuous commitment to act with integrity with each other, with your communities, business partners and suppliers is the foundation of your success and sustainable growth.
The commitment to integrity is supported by your adherence to all internal policies and procedures that govern business activities. Compliance with these policies will also protect Airbus reputation and brand, some of our most strategic and important assets.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Being responsible for the architecture and development lifecycle of our platforms and solutions
- Steering complex projects with significant business impact within and beyond our organization
- Bridging the gap between development teams and business partners to understand product vision and requirements
- Leading and managing the Principal Software and QA Engineers in your team to develop the best technical architectures, designs and QA approaches for new product development.
- Maintaining a high level of operational excellence with your team and across the engineering organisation
- Linking the team with the broader Airbus Engineering practices and capabilities
- Working with business stakeholders, QA engineers, program managers, release engineers, enterprise architects, data architects, and data scientists to drive products from vision to implementation
- Researching current trends, best practices, development libraries and frameworks and advocating for the right tools for the task at hand
- Leading and championing software engineering best practices to build a quality-first engineering culture
- Leading the continuous improvements and collaborative problem solving through software engineering Chapters and Guilds
This role will involve some travel for business from time to time and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or relevant field
- Demonstrated experience micro-services architecture , RESTFul API’s and integration solutions in AWS, as well as native solution design
- Experience with open source frameworks and technology such as Spring/Hibernate, Spring Boot
- Agile development practices such as TDD / BDD, CI/CD, test automation, pair programming, Atlassian etc
- Software testing methodology and techniques, and automated testing frameworks and tools such Selenium, JMeter
- Experience with log aggregation and monitoring tool such as Splunk
- Passion for quality and consistency in software development
- Negotion level in English
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 20,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV and cover letter attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.