Trend and Materials Designer (m/f)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Trend and Materials Designer has arisen within Airbus in Blagnac.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Defining and validating the overall Cabin and Cargo Architecture by optimization of products and processes
- Participating in the definition and validation of the overall Component and Systems Architecture
- Advising on Major Component development and resolution of Major In Service problems
- Understanding a major components or systems from a design architecture point of view
- Understanding the components or systems functions, all their interdependencies and their contribution to the overall product
- Having the capability to define major components or systems design at the concept level
- Having the capability to understand the impact on customization effort
- Mastering the integration of the design into the major components or systems and validating designs.
This role will involve frequent travel for business (a few per month) and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to a 5 years degree level (or equivalent) in design or a related discipline
- 3 years' experience in Project management
- Strong leadership in your field and the ability to understand the overall product
- Good communicating skills (powerpoint, photoshop and illustrator)
- Knowledge of aircraft suppliers and Cabine
- Creativity, affinity with Design, team spirit, communication
- Language Skills: Negotiation level in English.
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 20,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy using your eRecruiting profile with your CV attached.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.