SLRM - Head of inventory strategy & asset management (m/f)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A great opportunity for an ”Head of inventory strategy & asset management” (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Toulouse. The successful applicant will join the “SLRM – Services Solutions” department.
As a member of the Flight Hour Services (FHS) organization based in Toulouse, you will report operationally and functionally to the Head of FHS Inventory. The inventory team defines and executes inventory strategies and tactics to deliver spares availability as per FHS contracts with an optimized return on capital employed. The Inventory organization as a Centre of Competence in inventory management and spares recommendations (on every material category) is responsible for delivering accurate and customized recommendations in regards to all Airbus support and services activities and for performing relevant investments for the pools.
You will define the inventory strategy and tactics to optimize Return On Capital Employed while securing contracts performance and ensuring that airworthiness conditions are maintained. You will be accountable for inventory investments and values control. You will define an operational asset strategy, through pool sizing, location, pool balancing. You will secure the inventory accuracy. You will contribute to the definition of pool technical standards and will recommend evolutions to prevent obsolescence.
Assessing the financial and operational benefits of proposed solutions will be a key element in you accountabilities. You will be accountable for identifying solutions which reduce operational costs and improve operational and financial performances.
You will work in close coordination with the other functions of the FHS organization to ensure that priorities given to various items are aligned with contractual obligations and business challenges.
This position requires frequent travels.
Tasks & accountabilities
You will be responsible for the following activities:
- Establishing best economical solutions while securing contractual commitments in:
- Performing market cost analysis
- Benchmarking inventory models
Launching value analysis to be able to make recommendations for negotiations or the “make or buy” strategy
- Designing , in close cooperation with the procurement organization, an optimized competitive and flexible inventory system and defining best solutions per program between Ownership, Access, Repair vs Buy (new vs used), speculative purchases or sales and Components On-Demand Policy
- Managing daily inventory operations by establishing clear business policies and guidelines with respect to repair/no repair, repair/replace, interchangeability and liquidation decisions and managing crisis with suppliers when necessary
- Negotiating suppliers’ agreements in accordance with suppliers’ contracts and FHS objectives
- Performing Market permanent intelligence survey/ market trend analysis on the main following criteria: Part prices, availability, market players and Develop in coordination with the procurement and suppliers, relevant business models to ensure parts availability at best price
- Securing inventory cost control analysis, valuation, depreciation, quality and taking decisions to ensure a control by anticipation
- Being responsible for TCQ (Time, Cost, Quality): ensuring optimized costs while securing availability & quality performances to ensure deliveries to customers according to contracts
- Defining the obsolescence management strategy
- Defining, in collaboration with Quality, the relevant quality policy
- Defining at PN level the required inventory to secure spares availability as per FHS contracts
- Expressing and maintaining requirements at PN level to service providers, in line with the inventory strategy in regards to not-owned inventory
- Permanently allocating geographically the assets to secure spares availability as per FHS contracts and components on-demand, upgrade and retrofit needs and contributing to pool footprint definition and pool technical standards in providing studies on technical standards evolution impact on assets, recommendations of standards evolutions to prevent obsolescence (in collaboration with FHS engineering)
- Establishing processes on direction and control to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately and the organization’s resources are developed and used responsibly by means like process guidelines, recommendations for the market place team, indicators allowing to follow-up performances…
You will be responsible for managing the team as per Airbus standard practices, in the respect of the Leadership model, deploy and promote good practices within your team and SLR
- You will have the relevant behavior to develop people technical and professional skills, to allow the teams to grow, and to put people in the position to develop relevant skills
- You will promote corporate values (exemplarity, listening and mutual respect, team work spirit and solidarity, trust and empowerment, rules and processes adherence
- You will ensure that people development is well considered within the team under your direct or functional reporting (training, bonuses, salary increases, etc…)
- You will maintain the highest standard of Ethics and Compliance for yourszelf and the team
- Ensuring a proper link with all relevant organizations (within SLR and with Satair, procurement, SBP…) and regular contacts with industrial partners and suppliers.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and competences:
- 5-years’ degree in Engineering and/or Business school,
- 10 years in aviation industry with in-depth knowledge of airlines economics and strategies,
- At least 2 years in a professional / management role with suppliers/ customer-facing responsibilities,
- Financial / commercial understanding of technical issues,
- Experience in business economics and in contractual negotiations,
- Basic understanding of contract law and corporate finance,
- Knowledge in project management,
- English: excellent level (written and spoken),
- Leadership and people management experience,
- Team working, ability to network with multidisciplinary teams and to develop new solutions/ ways of doing
- Clear ability to align and influence audiences,
- Professional customer and result orientation,
- Expert level in analytics,
- Professional communication and presentation skills,
- Diligent process of fully understanding problems before taking corrective actions,
- Strong professional decision making.
This is a Band VB position (grade IIIB).
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 20,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbus.com) with your CV and cover letter attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.