Certifying Staff Team Leader (m/f)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Certifying Staff Team Leader (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Blagnac. You will join the Repair Embodiment Team Leaders Department.
You will be in charge of performing a working party (technical changes and or repair) on a delivered aircraft through managing a team of people sent by AIB to a customer site.
You will be responsible to establish Working Party file and issue certificate of release for the work package performed, in accordance EASA/FAR Part 145 rules and Airbus procedures.
You will act as Repair Manager in case of major repair, from assessment to release, and will remain accountable for the repair embodiment process. As such, you will manage operationally and functionally all disciplines on-site (spares rep, engineering rep, preparators, sub-contractors and workers / Inspectors).
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring airworthiness of the aircraft for the work performed through the WP, sign the Certificate of Release to service and deliver back the aircraft to customer,
- Negotiating with Manufacturing and third parties (vendors, repair stations,etc) availability of competent staff (Mechanics, electricians, etc),
- Participating in the Working Party Preparation with the preparation group (Work scope, Work planning, Resources, Doc/material/logistic),
- Allocating tasks to staff according to the competence required,
- Managing the working party on site:
- Installation, safety assessment
- Core team, workers from manufacturing units, subcontractors teams
- Representatives from Engineering, Spares..
- Ensure the day to day management of the W/P and Coordinate with customer on site and review W/P progress
- Ensure optimal monitoring of multi skills teams, on the human aspects as on the technical ones
- Ensuring completion of work within agreed down time and agreed budget,
- Establishing Working Party file and issue certificate of release for the work package performed, in accordance with EASA/FAR Part 145 rules and Airbus procedures,
- Ensuring accurate and concise reporting,
- Performing working parties stand by when available in Toulouse,
- On request, managing major repair all along the process from Assessment to Certificate of release with the objective to minimize global lead time,
- Monitoring additional parts / components / tools / consumables and ensure availability,
- Performing incoming inspection of parts / tools and of the aircraft,
- Negotiating and documenting additional work required by the customer,
- Participate in audits from the airworthiness authorities.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- EASA/FAR Part 145 Certifying Staff “C” and “B1” or “B2”,
- Maintenance experience for Cat C, B1 and/or B2,
- Experienced in management of working parties including preparation and planning,
- Experienced in working with extensive and highly integrated Electronic Data Processing systems,
- Basic aeronautical training,
- Knowledge on AIB aircraft families,
- Able to take initiative,
- Self-confident and motivated,
- Ability to deal with different stakeholders,.
Language Skills: advanced level of English.
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 20,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbus.com) with your CV and cover letter attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.