ATR – Head of Spares Operations Control Center (AOG Desk) (ref. ATR – 17/146-P) (m/f)
Founded in 1981, ATR has become world leader on the market for regional aircraft with 90 seats or less. Since its creation, ATR has sold over 1,500 aircraft to over 200 operators based in more than 100 countries. ATR planes have totalled over 28 million flights. ATR is a joint partnership between two major European aeronautical players: Airbus Group and Leonardo. The ATR headquarters are located in Toulouse. ATR is ISO 14001 certified, the international benchmark for respecting the environment.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Integrated in the Spares Business Unit (PSR), the “Head of Spares Operations Control Center” will be in charge of the delivery of the spare parts.
Tasks & accountabilities
The Head of the “Spares Operations Control Center” will be accountable of the performance of the delivery of spares parts.
- Managing two groups in 24/7 (AOG and Expediting) of 16 people in charge of ensuring the procurement and distribution of materials requested on urgent basis by customers, with the objective of ensuring the operational maintenance of the ATR fleet
- Monitoring the Worldwide customer backlog with the objective to deliver on time and on quality
- Coordinating all the logistics processes (sourcing, inventory, transportation, warehousing, customer order desk) and researching alternative solutions
- Ensuring the overall follow-up of the spares performances and implementing the necessary corrective and preventative actions
- Ensuring a proactive and efficient level of communication with the operators, suppliers and partners.
- Deciding on the operational priorities and coordinating the research of alternative solutions
- Communicating with customers and suppliers during emergency situations
- Defining and implementing a permanent progress plan aimed at developing and improving the spares operational processes
- Developing your colleagues' motivation and team spirit by systematically ensuring good communication
- Leading cross-functional projects
- Supervise the Ferry flight kit activity used for a/c deliveries (A/C new or serviceable)
- Coordinate the support of customers, asset and prototypes working parties
As the successful candidate, you will be able to demonstrate some of the following skills and experience:
- Educated to a 5-year degree specialized in supply chain or MRO
- 5 years of logistics experience in an aeronautical environment
- Communication skills
- Significant experience in team management
You have competencies and experience in:
Management, Supply chain (Logistics, Inventory, Customer order Desk), Excellent customer and supplier relationship skills, Business oriented, financial and commercial knowledge (pricing, margin and accounting), Aftermarket experience, experience in brokering would be a plus.
English & French: advanced
Italian would be a plus
Expertise in MS Office and SAP is required.
You will show: Enthusiasm, Coordination ability to listen, Adaptability, Ability to be innovative and make decisions, Ability to manage conflict, the ability to work in a demanding environment.
Team management, Analysis, multifunctional team animation, Rigor, responsiveness, Open mindset to external benchmark.
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 20,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to ATR and Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by ATR and Airbus Group.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.