GEO-LOCATION RF ENGINEER
Airbus Defence and Space Barajas
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
· RF design and analysis of RF systems for location of interferences (direction of arrival detection)
· RF parametric analysis for the design of the instrument general configuration (number of radiating elements, positions, physical implementation of elements)
· RF design and analysis of passive components (high frequency circuits): horns, filters, couplers.
· Design and analysis of the RF chain (amplifiers, atenuators)
· Signal processing for Monte Carlo simulations (distortion processes, algorithms implementation)
· General sub-system calculations (noise figure, link budgets and distortion processes)
· Generation of sub-system specifications
· Generation of design/analysis technical notes and reports
· I/F with Customers in review meetings
· Generation of the RF test plans
· Generation of RF test procedures
· RF measurements of components
· RF measurements of the instrument
· Generation of test reports
· Follow up of suppliers
Engineering :3 to 5 years
· Telecomunication Engineer (Master degree) or similar, RF and/or signal processing specialist
· 3 or more years of working experience
· Knowledge of ADS or AWR modellization
· Knowledge of CST and/or GRASP
· Knowledge of RF hybrid circuits (HTCC/LTCC)
· Wide knowledge of sus-system calculations (noise figure, distortion processes, CI3, group delay, phase noise, skew, jitter)
· Wide knowlegdge of signal programming for Monte Carlo simulations (low-pass equivalent model, distortion processes, algorithms implementation)
· Knowledge of interferometry principles
· Expert knowledge of MATLAB language
· Wide knowledge of Microsoft EXCEL
· Use of UNIX operative system
· Use of RF measurement equipments: network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, noise figure test equipment, arbitarry waveform genetarors
· Preferably, 1 year experience in space industry
· High level of Engish (C level)
· Availability for travelling
- Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Helicopters, Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 6,900
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.