Payload RF ENGINEER 1
Airbus Defence & Space Barajas
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
· Design and analysis of spacecraft communication payloads
· Analysis of the active and passive components used in communication payloads (filters, amplifiers, circulators, waveguides, frequency down/up converters, combiners, switches)
· Calculation of general system payload performances and budgets (G/T, EIRP, noise figure, link budgets, linearity, intermodulation, C/I, phase noise), including end-to-end analysis
· Generation of sub-system specifications
· Generation of design/analysis technical notes and reports
· I/F with Customers in review meetings
· Generation of the payload RF test plans
· Generation of payloas RF test procedures
· RF measurements of payload components
· Generation of test reports
· Follow up of suppliers
Engineering :3 to 5 years
· Telecomunication Engineer (Master degree) or similar, RF (high frequency circuits) specialist
· 3 or more years of working experience
· Knowledge of S/C payloads systems (passive and active antennas, repeaters, digital processors)
· Knowledge of S/C payloads sub-systems (filters, amplifiers, circulators, waveguides, frequency converters, combiners, switches)
· Wide knowledge of communication systems, including DVB-S2X standard knowledge
· Wide knowledge of digital signal processing
· Wide knowledge of link budgets for payload and end-to-end systems analysis
· Wide knowledge of MATLAB programing
· Wide knowledge of Microsoft EXCEL and VISIO
· Preferably, use of RF measurement equipments: network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, noise figure test equipment
· Preferably, 1 year experience in space industry
· Preferably, knowledge of ADS or AWR modellization
· High level of Engish (C level)
· Availability for travelling
- Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Helicopters, Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 6,900
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.