MCC-MOC Engineer (STANSTED AIRPORT)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Vacancies for MCC - MOC Engineers have arisen within Airbus at Stansted Airport
We are looking for MCC-MOC engineers to join our team that have the abilities to coordinate and supervise maintenance operations, in direct contact with our Customers Operations department and the Maintenance and Repair Organisation (MRO) providing Part 145 services. You will also participate to Continuous Airworthiness under the Customers responsibility.
The service is due 24/7 ; engineers will work in shifts, or under periodic 24/7 on-duty scheme.
The jobholder is a member of the Flight Hour Services (FHS) organization and reports operationally and functionally to the HO Tailored Support Program. AIRBUS Flight Hour Services (FHS) is a transnational team managed from AIRBUS Head Quarters (TLS) with strong international footprint (Germany, Ireland, Singapore, India, Thailand, Vietnam, China, Hong-Kong, Great Britain, Brazil, Chile,…). Airbus FHS provides customized services to its Customers (mainly Airlines) ranging from FHS-Component up to a TSP (Tailored Support Program) with the objective to provide airlines with significant inventory management and repair cost savings whilst supporting the improvement of their maintenance and engineering activities to allow an increased aircraft reliability and availability in an improved airworthy environment. Such packages include component maintenance and engineering, spare management, airframe maintenance and fleet technical management services that are delivered by cooperating with a partner, suppliers such as OEMs, MROs or other service providers, subsidiaries or between several Operating Units.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Conduct / participate to daily maintenance conference
- Co-ordinating with airline operations department on aircraft routing / movements
- Scheduling and monitoring of aircraft maintenance activity with approved maintenance organization
- Coordination and supervision of unscheduled maintenance with approved maintenance organization whenever necessary
- Advises Aircraft maintenance personnel on actions to clear reported problems
- Keep airline operations department constantly informed of :
o MEL/CDL and Deferred defects
o Expected time for return to service for an airplane on a maintenance delay
o Maintenance and servicing activities of fleet, and monitoring of defects and delays
- Monitor MEL/CDL/ Deferred defects to accomplish corrective actions as soon as possible but not later than permitted by approved documents like MEL/CDL etc.
- Arrange for parts or other support materials to be at the proper location to accomplish maintenance action.
- Maintains constant surveillance of network station activity ; intervenes immediately in case of major mechanical problem. Liaises with the concerned departments to provide necessary resources/clearances to minimize downtime of the aircraft.
- Assessing the cause and any potential hazardous effects of any defect or combination of defects, that could affect the flight safety, in order to initiate any necessary further investigation and analysis necessary to identify the root cause of the defect.
- Receives and reviews the emergency ADs, received during non-working hours/days and in consultation with relevant Technical Service department, issues a work card with maintenance planning for the accomplishment of the Emergency ADs coordinated further to regularize with technical services.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Diploma or Engineering Degree, licence on A320-A321 (preferred) or other Airbus type
Min 5 years within a technical services environments
Ability to work in shifts, or under periodic 24/7 on-duty scheme
Knowledge of AMASIS is a plus
- United Kingdom
- Bristol & Filton
- Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus (Corporate Functions)
- approx. 4,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy using your eRecruiting profile with your CV attached.
In case you have any further questions, please contact: The Airbus Group Employment Operations Recruitment Business Partner; Charlene.C.Coleman@Airbus.com.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.