Technical Services Engineer (STANSTED AIRPORT) - SYSTEMS, STRUCTURE, ENGINES or CABIN
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Vacancies for Technical Service Engineers have arisen within Airbus at Stansted Airport
We are looking for Technical Services Engineers to ensure technical support is given to airline operations, in direct contact with our Customer and the Maintenance and Repair Organisation (MRO) providing Part 145 services. You will be able to give technical support to maintenance for continued airworthiness, reliability and availability of aircraft in one given field of responsibility over : SYSTEMS, STRUCTURE, ENGINES or CABIN
As part of support to MOC-MCC, 24/7 ; engineers you may have to work in shifts, or under periodic 24/7 on-duty scheme.
The jobholder is a member of the Flight Hour Services (FHS) organization and reports operationally and functionally to the HO Tailored Support Program. AIRBUS Flight Hour Services (FHS) is a transnational team managed from AIRBUS Head Quarters (TLS) with strong international footprint (Germany, Ireland, Singapore, India, Thailand, Vietnam, China, Hong-Kong, Great Britain, Brazil, Chile,…). Airbus FHS provides customized services to its Customers (mainly Airlines) ranging from FHS-Component up to a TSP (Tailored Support Program) with the objective to provide airlines with significant inventory management and repair cost savings whilst supporting the improvement of their maintenance and engineering activities to allow an increased aircraft reliability and availability in an improved airworthy environment. Such packages include component maintenance and engineering, spare management, airframe maintenance and fleet technical management services that are delivered by cooperating with a partner, suppliers such as OEMs, MROs or other service providers, subsidiaries or between several Operating Units.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Conducts root cause analysis for SYSTEMS, STRUCTURE, ENGINES or CABIN components problems which may cause aircraft delays, cancellation, substantial expenditures in manpower or material or interruption in maintenance operations, and initiates the actions required to remedy any undesirable condition detected.
- Ensures the interface between MRO, customer airline, AIRBUS Engineering and other Fleet Technical Management engineers for technical issues in his/her perimeter
- Prepares engineering documents such as Engineering Order EOs, Work Cards WCs, to provide technical disposition for repairs, modification, inspection or other maintenance actions which provide benefits in accordance with airline/departmental objectives
- Conducts event analysis and other technical investigations as needed and suggest improvement for effective maintenance program
- Evaluates and implements Airworthiness Directives and OEM Service Bulletins as necessary
- Follows up engine / systems health monitoring and provides advice to maintenance planning
- Reviews aircraft performance monitoring reports received from operations department
- Ensures that significant deterioration and persistent shortfalls in aircraft performance are investigated and corrective measures initiated.
- Produces and distributes the fleet performance reports used to monitor and evaluate the performance over the fleet.
- Administrates the reliability program and continuously monitors its effectiveness
- Formulates and revises MEL, ETOPS manual, Auto land manual, engineering orders, LOPA etc
- Controls aircraft configuration, modification and weight and balance.
- Determine the actions required to ensure compliance with applicable regulations, in particular :
o Compilation of all EASA/ FAA Ads, National Authority modifications, mandatory and recommended Service Bulletins as appropriate
o Review of all Operators Transmissions, FOTs etc. that pertain to SYSTEMS, STRUCTURE, ENGINES or CABIN components
o Production of Technical Directives Evaluation (TDE) for all Airworthiness Directives, the latest revision of all EASA/ FAA/ ADs and National Authority mandatory modifications applicable to the fleet
o Performance of SBs reviews and production of TDE for categories mandatory & recommended
o Production of TDE for SIL, AOT… for applicability and system reliability and/or economic benefits
- Initiates the action required to ensure that source documents affected by Engineering actions are updated to reflect the current data, configuration and accuracy.
- Analyses technical data from aircraft maintenance logs, MIS system, aircraft service records and shop finding reports to determine cause and failure trends.
- Conducts studies, statistical and analytical surveys technical monitoring, investigates failures, delay/defect analysis, flight incidents, in-depth shop and hardware discrepancies so as to improve dispatch reliability.
- Obtains approval required for modification/ repairs performed on fleet aircraft/power plant/APU/ system or components, seeks manufacturer’s permission/guidelines for modification/repair in consultation with the HOD
- Performs delay review of defects reported on the fleet aircraft
- Prepares and amend MEL, Procedure sheets, Forms etc.
- Prepares engineering drawings.
- Prepares and amend LOPA & emergency equipment drawings.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Diploma or Engineering Degree, licence on A320 or any airbus fleet
Min 5 of years working within technical services environments
Ability to work in shifts, or under periodic 24/7 on-duty scheme
Experience in structural inspection / damage assessment and repair process will be added advantage
- United Kingdom
- Bristol & Filton
- Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus (Corporate Functions)
- approx. 4,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy using your eRecruiting profile with your CV attached.
In case you have any further questions, please contact: The Airbus Group Employment Operations Recruitment Business Partner; Charlene.C.Coleman@Airbus.com.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.