Mechanical Design Leader Landing Gear Structural Assembly (m/f)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Mechanical Design Leader Landing Gear Structural Assembly has arisen Airbus Commercial in Filton. You will join CoC Landing Gear department.
Your role will be to develop and deliver Engineering solutions and capabilities for the design, validation and verification of Aircraft Landing Gear Structural Assemblies.
You will report to the Project Leader ‘Landing Gear In-Sourcing’ (Functional owner Head of EL CoC).
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main accountabilities will be:
- Conceive and create design solutions for landing Gear assemblies.
- Evaluation of design solutions for landing gear assemblies.
- Design for Manufacture and Assembly.
- Design for Value.
- Compliance of Design solutions with Airworthiness requirements.
- Design for Maturity, Maintainability and Operability.
- Ensure Validation of Design Requirements and implementation of Verification means, including compliance with Airbus standards.
- Incorporation of end to end digital data continuity into the Design process.
In order to achieve:
- Fulfillment of Aircraft and Landing Gear Functional and architectural requirements.
- Optimisation of component to component architecture.
- High performance of assemblies against cost, weight, maintainability, operability and availability targets.
- On time on quality certification with no limitations nor deferred development.
- Minimal cost of operations in-service, and zero AOG / OI due to technical design issues.
- Full maturity at entry into test and service.
- Digital thread from conception to in service and beyond.
- Ensuring interfaces between landing gear structural elements and adjacent structural and aircraft systems e.g Extension/Retractions, Braking and Steering.
- Aircraft and Landing Gear Architects, Landing Gear System Architects , Manufacturing, Procurement and Product Support.
- Landing Gear Senior Experts.
- Customer Support, Engineering Integration and specifically Operability.
- Customer Support, Programme Chief Engineer.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to a 5 years degree level in Engineering / Mechanical Engineering.
- 10 years of overall experience minimum.
- 5 years of experience in engineering.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in manufacturing.
- 5 years of experience in projects management minimum.
- 5 years of experience in team management minimum.
- Direct experience of the Design of complex movable load bearing Mechanical assemblies.
- Experience of kinematics and Mechanical system integration.
- Experience in use of Digital Design tools, Project management software.
- English Negotiation level.
- United Kingdom
- Bristol & Filton
- Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus (Corporate Functions)
- approx. 4,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy using your eRecruiting profile with your CV attached.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.