Business Transformation and Strategy Internship
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Start date: 2nd July 2018
Duration: 12 Months
This role will comprise of multiple activities including Monthly Operational tasks and Specific Project Work. The role will focus on
General Management, Business Management, Business Process & Strategy Deployment, Change & Capability Development.
As an Intern you will gain exposure to projects across the Landing Gear Centre of Competence and help shape change within
Internships at Airbus
Tasks & accountabilities
To support in the following activities:
- Support to development of Project Dossiers and Business cases for local improvement projects.
- Setting up and supporting key governance activities around both the strategy and innovation programmes.
- Development of standard tools and processes for Business Operations (MS programmes)
- Supporting the strategy Programme Mission Leaders in applying best practice project management processes to ensure the
robust delivery of strategy initiatives
- Support with the development of Centre of Competence Strategy Projects, engaging stake holders from a wider base using
effective communication means.
- Interface with operational process operators to ensure process alignment.
- Become an active member in key change initiatives across the centre.
- Help to scope and develop personnel capability and training
- Provide Project Management support to the Strategic Change Programme
- Provide Support to Knowledge management and support the EL strategy Programme Manager to lead / motivate the core
- Ensure that appropriate quantitative and qualitative date is available to support discussions and drive decision making.
You must be an undergraduate for the full duration of the placement, studying towards a degree in one of the following:
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Basic understanding of change management in the context of business improvement activities.
- Proficient in the use of MS Excel.
- Strong Planning / Project Management skills
- Good Numerical / Analytical skills
- Confident and Self Starting
- Fluent in English
- United Kingdom
- Bristol & Filton
- Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus (Corporate Functions)
- approx. 4,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments to allow you to access and participate fully in the recruitment
process. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary
aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email email@example.com. Any
information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all
applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.