Internship 2018 - Support to study on the ergonomics of a satellite control centre . (m/f).
Airbus Defence & Space Toulouse
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Within the Control Ground Segment Chain, a project is under way to study and implement new ergonomic and human-machine interaction solutions within the CGS (Control Ground Segment, i. e. the hardware and software platform used to monitor and control one or more satellites on the ground)
The main lines of work of the current project are focused on:
- Man-machine touch interaction
- Improving the ergonomics of the information presented to operators
- Coupling with already developed operating products.
This 6 Month internship will start from February 2018 (Date subject to some flexibility).
Internships at Airbus
Tasks & accountabilities
The internship will be conducted in two stages:
1) analysis of the various areas of improvement will have to be carried out. This analysis will present the various technological improvements that will be of interest at the output
2) Depending on the outcome of the first step, the trainee will prototype the most relevant solutions.
For example, the areas of improvement we're looking at:
- Extension of the study to the use of Smartphones, tablets.
- Coupling and development of the current project with augmented reality tools (hololens)
- Coupling and development of the current project with speech recognition tools,
- Management of communication channels via new media,
The final implementation will aim to increase an operator's mobility and ability to monitor an increased number of satellites in parallel.
- Strong education in software development and more particularly in the field of Human Machine Interfaces (if possible with a knowledge of Microsoft. net, C#, WPF, xamarin technologies)
- A first level of knowledge in ergonomics would be a plus
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 20,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV and cover letter attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.