Airbus Defence & Space Portsmouth
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Buyer has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Portsmouth.
You will contribute to the sourcing activity, manage the tendering and the contract negotiation to achieve the best purchasing conditions in accordance within Company requirements. - Monitor the contract (during innovation, development, serial and support phases) with suppliers and Company stakeholders to achieve through out the contract life cycle a complete application of terms and conditions to ensure suppliers deliver expected performance in all dimensions (Logistics, support, quality, cost...) - Manage the day to day relationships with suppliers and running projects to optimize customer value, while minimizing total cost of ownership & risks.
The successful candidate will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of EEE/PCB purchase orders in accordance with frame contracts based on PReq released by Supply Officer
- Placement of purchase orders on designated suppliers following order approval process
- Administration of order acknowledgements from suppliers
- Maintenance of SAP procurement database (ERP) based on PO and supplier inputs
- Shipment coordination of ordered items.
- Records maintenance with respect to purchasing process.
- Monitor and support payment logistic.
- Maintain operational communication with suppliers and team members
This role will involve frequent travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Excellent interpersonal skills: Communication – written and verbal, team working, professional behaviour, negotiation.
- Highly productive approach: Proactive behaviour, Self-motivation, Flexibility, highly reactive to priorities.
- Skilled user of business systems and processes, e.g. Materials Requirements Planning, Parts Data Management
- Buying experience within European space industry, preferably procuring EEE/PCB components.
- Procurement Experience with SAP.
- United Kingdom
- Airbus Defence and Space
- approx.. 1,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.