Airframe Customer Service - SRM (Structural Repair Manual) Stress Engineer (m/f)
Airbus is a leading aircraft manufacturer with the most modern and comprehensive family of airliners on the market, ranging in capacity from 100 to more than 500 seats. Airbus champions innovative technologies and offers some of the world’s most fuel efficient and quiet aircraft. Airbus has sold over 13.800 aircraft to more than 360 customers worldwide. Airbus has achieved more than 8,000 deliveries since the first Airbus aircraft entered into service. Headquartered in Toulouse, France.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for an Airframe Customer Service - SRM Stress Engineer (m/f) has arisen within Airbus in Toulouse.
You will be responsible for Structural Repair Manual (SRM) static and fatigue stress activities on different programs (A350, SA, LR, A380, A400M…) for Nose Section and Center Fuselage and Powerplant Airframe.
In addition, you will coordinate, harmonize and control the creation of SRM.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Being in charge (follow up and checking) of Stress Reports performed by subcontractors to make sure that they are done in a suitable way and on schedule assigned,
- Creating SRM Stress Reports for Work Packages not covered by subcontractors,
- Acting as a focal point between the AIRBUS team and subcontractors,
- Launching corrective actions if necessary,
- Creating SRM Deliverables compiling all subcontractors/internal stress results for a whole section.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Educated to a 5 years-degree in Engineering.
- At least 3 years-experience in metallic stress (static and/or fatigue) is mandatory,
- Experience in Airframe domain would be recommended,
- Experience in SRM activities would be a plus,
- Knowledge of structure analysis tools such as: ISAMI, ASSIST, SAFE would be an asset,
- Team spirit (close cooperation with the person in charge of Design SRM to reach common operational objectives; support others teams members in case of workload peak),
- Autonomous, ability to take initiatives while respecting the airworthiness and safety,
- Good communication, negotiation and reporting skills,
- Agility, proactivity, ability to bring solutions,
- Advanced level in French and English languages.
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 20,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.