Information Management (IM) Functional Architect WING
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
An opportunity has arisen for an Information Management (IM) Functional Architect Wing to be based in Filton, as a member of the Information Management Function responsible for End to End Product Lifecycle Management (E2E PLM) tools within Airbus.
E2E PLM tools are used across the design, manufacture and support areas for the aircraft. In this role you will work as part of the UK team linking into the transnational function to influence the overall solutions that will be used for Wing, promote standard solutions across Airbus for Wing, Lead research into new technologies and methods, which provide value to Wing activities through close customer engagement.
Tasks & accountabilities
Within this role, your main activities will include;
- Challenges, supports, and brings to maturity new projects by raising awareness about how new technologies can help and by forecasting emerging Business processes thus being the driver of Information Systems integration.
- Performs the technical design of the application and infrastructure components of a new solution according to the defined functional design.
- Plans and is accountable for the implementation and integration of software and/ or IM systems. Is accountable for the global consistency and costs of the Information systems and its appropriate urbanization. Mission: Balances technological opportunities
with business (process) requirements.
- Maintains a holistic view of the organisation's strategy, processes, information and IM assets; Links the business mission, strategy and processes to the IT strategy.
- Defines and promote standards.
- Designs, integrates and implements IM solutions from a technical perspective.
- Ensures, that technical solutions, procedures and models for development are up-to-date and comply with standards.
- Watches technology development and integrates into new solutions
As the successful candidate you will be able to demonstrate the following;
- Education to degree level and with an aeronautical background
- Experience of Architecture Design and data management
- Good understanding of Wing Engineering
- Confidence with functional design tools, Catia V5, PDM as well as system engineering tools
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
This position has been graded BV(A)
- United Kingdom
- Bristol & Filton
- Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus (Corporate Functions)
- approx. 4,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.