Embedded Software Specialist for Space Equipment (m/f)
Airbus Defence & Space Elancourt
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for an Embedded Software Specialist for Space Equipment (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space in Élancourt.
The Space Equipment entity within Airbus Defence and Space designs and builds electronic units for satellites and launchers. You will ensure an expertise, a supervision and a participation to the projects of software that are embedded in units.
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Tasks & accountabilities
You will provide an expertise within the department to support software projects:
- Analyse customer requirements and establish project software assurance plan and statement of conformance
- Monitor projects quality, by controlling the project documentation and codes against standards
- Improve projects quality, by providing guidance and technical advice to software designers
- Perform dependability and safety analysis regarding to the software and hardware-software, such as software failure and effect analysis (SFEA), hardware-software interaction analysis (HSIA), software fault tree analysis (SFTA), hardware-software auto-test analysis
- Participate to local processes improvement (documentation, tools, rules, methods, etc.)
Within a project team, you will be responsible for the development of embedded software:
- Organization of the software development and validation
- Design from technical proposal, software and hardware-software solution trade-off, specification, to architecture
- Detailed design and implementation
- Validation and justification of the design according to customer or product specifications and space constraints: radiation and thermal environments, high reliability and dependability needs
- Technical management of software designers or software suppliers
- Customers technical interface
This role will involve some business travels in France and Europe (once every 3 months) and as such, you should be able to travel accordingly.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Engineering degree (or university equivalent) in Electronics / Embedded Systems / Embedded Software from a graduate.
- Extensive experience in C language critical real-time embedded software development and validation on several projects.
- Knowledge in any of the following fields would be appreciated:
Space, avionics and computers, system on chips, processors, digital signal processing, video and image processing, data compression, mass memory, telecommunication, cryptography
Tools & programming languages: C, C++, UML, Assembly, VHDL, Verilog, SystemC, MATLAB, MATLAB/Simulink, Perl, Python, Makefile, Linux, Version Control (svn/git), DOORS, Reqtify, Lint, …
Dependability and safety
Software life cycle, product assurance and standards (space, aeronautics, medical, automotive, rail…)
- Collaboration, teamwork, proactive behaviour
- Self-organization, good analytical approach, logical thinking
- Commitment to quality, ability to follow and conduct strong design guidelines and rules
- Good communication within a team or with customers, good writing and oral presentation skills in French and English,
- Negotiation level of French and English.
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space, Other Business
- approx. 3,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy using your eRecruiting profile with your CV attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.