Airbus Defence & Space Getafe (ex Airbus Military)
Airbus Defence and Space is a division of Airbus Group formed by combining the business activities of Cassidian, Astrium and Airbus Military. The new division is Europe’s number one defence and space enterprise, the second largest space business worldwide and among the top ten global defence enterprises. It employs some 40,000 employees generating revenues of approximately €14 billion per year.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a ARMAMENT ENGINEER has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Getafe.
The successful applicant will join Engineering Department
Tasks & accountabilities
Your Main Task and responsibilities will be related to Store/Weapon integration activities in airplatforms (manned and unmanned), including:
- Impact analysis for the integration of new store/weapon in a platform.
- Assessment of the technical documentation for the integration of stores and Weapons. Generation of weapons to Aircraft Interface Control Document.
- Assessment of Safety documentation for Stores and weapons. Generation of Preliminary Hazard Analysis (PHA) and Safety Assessment Reports for
- integration and clearance.
- Assessment of qualification reports and generation of Declaration of Design and Performances Document
- Generation and review of Weapons/Stores and Systems certification documents (Weapon Qualification Statement/SQS)
- Review and validation of Technical publication related to Weapons/stores.
- Support to Aircraft Ground and Flight testing.
- Coordination of Test vehicles movements and maintenance.
- Attendance to international technical Telecom and technical workshops meetings.
More details, depending activities on the specifities of each program:
1. Armament systems installation and integration.
2.Preparation and follow-up of RFI (Request for Information) and RFP (Request for Proposal). Preparation and follow-up of the fulfillment of the contractual Purchaser Technical Specification (PTS) with suppliers of equipment and systems. Follow-up and management of activities and documentation acceptance of suppliers. Preparation and acceptance of suppliers design reviews. Up to date on the state-of-the-art of the technologies applicable to the Development of the activities related to armament systems, dispensing systems, fire-fighters systems, armouring, etc.
3. Analysis of the specific requirements of the systems and its logical, electrical and aeromechanical integration in the Aircraft, in particular, in Military Transport Aircraft. Assessment and preparation of the systems and Equipment installation requirements. Coordination with the related subdomains, domains and CoCs: Mission Systems, Platform Systems, Design, Flight Physics, Flight Tests, Flight Operations. Human Machine Interface analysis..
4. Follow-up of the Equipment and systems technical specifications and design requirements, interface requirements and suppliers coordination and management. Support to the Detailed design. Preparation of the installation requirements, principal diagrams and Validation of the wiring diagrams and Detailed designs.
5. Follow-up and acceptance of the suppliers qualification tests. Preparation of the documents of certification and qualification tests requirements in front of the civil and military airworthiness and qualification authorities and the final customers. Execution, follow-up and reports preparation of the rig integration tests, Ground and flight tests for Development and certification and qualification, in collaboration with Laboratory, FAL and Flight Tests organizations. In collaboration with Flight Physics and Flight Tests preparation and execution of the flight tests for safe separation of armament and the Verification flight tests of the flares trajectories. In collaboration with Designs departments, definition of structural modifications needed for the carriage and release of armament (bays, pylon, pods, etc.). Analytical studies for coverage and obscuration of sensors, antennas, countermeasures devices and armouring as well as qualitative aircraft protection analysis in accordance with mentioned studies.
6. Prototype and serial Aircraft Support. Certification activities supporting their execution.
7. Procurement, ILS, etc. support..
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level in Engineering
- Experience in Armament Engineering
- Spanish & English Negotiation level
- Good communication skills and a pro-active approach to problem solving
- Be able to travel mainly in Europe
- Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Helicopters, Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 6,900
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV attached.
-- By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.