Quality Engineer (m/f)
Airbus Defence & Space Friedrichshafen (ex Astrium ST)
Airbus Defence and Space is a division of Airbus Group formed by combining the business activities of Cassidian, Astrium and Airbus Military. The new division is Europe’s number one defence and space enterprise, the second largest space business worldwide and among the top ten global defence enterprises. It employs some 40,000 employees generating revenues of approximately €14 billion per year.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Quality Engineer (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space in Friedrichshafen. The successful applicant will join “Orbital & Mechanical Products Quality Assurance”.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks will include:
- Planning and carrying out product assurance (PA) activities taking into account advanced product quality planning (APQP)
methods in an international project environment within European payload centres
- Being in charge of process assurance with the implementation and enforcement of CMMI, quality gates and audits
- Defining and implementing safety and quality concepts for complex payloads in the context of offers and on-going projects
- Planning and carrying out internal and external audits
- Preparing QA relevant documentation, such as:
* Process, material and part lists,
* Certificate (COC, COA)
* PA plan
- Working on quality-relevant documentation in SAP (Q reports)
- Moderating non-conformance review boards (NRB´s), with both subcontractors, as well as customers
- Monitoring subcontractors and representing the customer interest in all quality-relevant fields
- Carrying out hardware inspections for mechanical, optical, electrical and electronic fields, as well as incoming and outgoing
- Being the process owner for the approval of all products deviating from the standard (RFA, PAD, RFD, RFW)
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and qualifications:
- University degree in Aerospace Engineering or similar
- Experience in Quality (ISO 9100) or in development within the aerospace sector
- Ideally, experience in Human Space Flight Safety (SSP 51700, KHB1700 and NSTS 13830)
- High level of social skills for the implementation of quality requirements in the project and for continuous improvement
- Several years of experience in international teams
- Motivated, flexible and trustworthy
- Independent, systematic and goal-oriented working methods
- Good team player with good communication and presentation skills
- Negotiation level of English and a good level of German
- Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 2,500
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply for this vacancy at our careers site (www.jobs.airbus-group.com) with your CV attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.