Hardware & Technical Specialist for IoT (m/f)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Hardware & Technical Specialist for IoT (m/f) has arisen within Airbus in Toulouse.
Are you passionate about IT and convinced by the business added value of the digitalization?
With the Digital Transformation of Airbus, the information technology of the company is completely redesigned, looking for creating added value for the business.
Airbus IT teams are entirely reshaped and looking for new skills & potentials.
Challenges are numerous and exciting!
As the future job holder you will combine engineering experience and an innate drive to improve existing systems and processes with the creativity to develop novel solutions to evolving challenges.
Priority will be given to employees whose position is impacted by a workforce adaptation initiative.
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Subject Matter Expert in order to advises and delivers a specific technology or methodology use case.
- The specialist researches, and collects the requirements for and suggests solutions to address the requirements.
- They also advise on the methodology and implementation approach.
- A Technology Specialist should have a deep transferable knowledge of new and emerging technologies, including ability autonomously develop POCs and to contribute future IT strategies and standards.
This role will involve some travel (3 days/month) for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree level in Information Technology or in a technical field
- Project management knowledge
- Qualification in Electronics
- Practitioner of Machine Learning, Real time control & analytics plus device piloting.
- Deep knowledge of Sensors & Actuators, Cyber security & Communication technologies such as LTE, LWPA, Wi-fi.
- Knowledge of Controllers & Digital Hardware Circuits
- Knowledge of LPWAN Network and others
- Good networking skills with a collaborative mindset.
- Team player and good capacity to anticipate the needs of team
- Good Communication skills
- Stakeholder management
- Business oriented
- Negotiation level of English,
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 20,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.