TSE: Project Administrator
Airbus Defence & Space Stevenage (ex Astrium SV)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
We are currently looking to recruit on a six month fixed term contract an experienced Project Administrator to join our team at Airbus Defence and Space, Stevenage. The successful candidate will provide full administrative support to the Project Manager and Project Team to ensure the smooth running and maintenance of the project office.
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Tasks & accountabilities
The main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Project Administrator to the ENS Project Manager and Project Team providing comprehensive support; to include diary management, co-ordination of transnational weekly meetings, custodian of I-Obeya, action control and closure.
- Develop and maintain project directory, including Airbus team, Customer team and subcontractors as selected.
- Provide comprehensive support to Project Managers and Engineering Team including routine document management inside Windchill tool.
- Proactively maintain project environment and implement improvements to support project team.
- Participate in compilation of technical documents, requiring good proficiency in Microsoft Office tools incl. WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT, VISIO and OUTLOOK.
- Development of environmental awareness campaign within project, in line with Airbus business practices and develop to class leading approach, including establishing targets and measures.
- Assist Engineers with technical administration (including manipulating complex documents and changing layout of pdf files).
- Maintain an effective electronic filing system using Company Data Management tools.
- Circulate in a timely manner minutes of meetings, filling, archiving, both in electronic and paper format, ensuring the action item database up to date.
- Organise meetings and visits (including greeting visitors, arranging rooms, refreshments, equipment, liaising with meeting host and venue staff to ensure meetings run smoothly) including international conferences in support of programme and mission.
- Handling telephone call / queries from both internal / external colleagues and customers.
- Organising high levels of overseas business travel, accommodation and car hire and process expenses for Project Manager and team in accordance with travel and expenses policy.
- Preparation of presentation material (including handouts copies when necessary).
- Forming part of the ENS Admin team to ensure smooth operational support and co-operation to cover absence.
The role may require occasional travel for business, and flexibility to work protracted hours as necessary at short notice at times of high activity during Proposals Bids, Design Reviews, and Customer Meetings.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- A good standard of Secondary Education.
- Demonstrated experience in an administration / secretarial role.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and Adobe Acrobat).
- User of web based technologies.
- English language skills at negotiation level. French or German language would be an advantage.
- Able to use of own initiative in handling complex work often under time pressures.
This position has been graded Grade 2.
- United Kingdom
- Airbus Defence and Space
- approx.. 1,200
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy using your eRecruiting profile with your CV attached. By submitting your CV or application, you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.