INTERNSHIP - Improvement of the A330 Cabin Repair Cost Validation Process (m/f)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
An internship in the Improvement of the A330 Cabin Repair Cost Validation Process (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Commercial Aircraft in Toulouse.
You will join the Cabin Supply Chain A330 FAL Support department in charge of dealing with all non-conformities of outstanding work in the production phase up to delivery and steering suppliers who intervene at Airbus sites.
Your main mission will consist in structuring and improving the A330 cabin repair cost validation process during the final assembly cycle of the aircraft by interfacing with multi-functional teams and in an environment as close as possible to the product. Also, at a technical and financial level, you will validate the costs of repairs You will be in charge of practical and pragmatic topics and you also intervene as a support to a team of about fifteen people by developing support tools for negotiation and technical tools for price analyses.
You will have the opportunity to work with suppliers across the entire scope of the A330 cabin and to discover cabin products at the heart of this aircraft.
This internship with start in September 2017 and is for a duration of 6 months.
Internships at Airbus
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main activities will include:
- Auditing the cost validation process and tools between Airbus and suppliers
- Proposing improvement actions, as well as a method (guidelines) and support tools for analysis and negotiation
- Deploying recommendations in accordance with the process manager
- Assisting and supporting Airbus teams on complex cases
- Setting up a monitoring and follow up of the validation of repair costs
This role will involve frequent travel for business (France and abroad) and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
You have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to a 4-year degree level (or equivalent)
- Training in a business school with a focus on supply chain/logistics/audit/purchasing or training as an engineer, specialising in business
- Knowledge of business techniques (negotiation tools, methods)
- Knowledge of supply chain/logistics (flow management)
- Knowledge of supplier management (strategic approach, etc.) would a plus
- Basic knowledge of MS Office (Excel), Access would be a plus
- French: advanced level
- English: intermediate level
- Functional skills: Ability to communicate, proactive, driving force for suggestions, independent, creative
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 20,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply for this vacancy online at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV and a cover letter in English attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.