Cost Engineer (f/m)
Airbus Safran Launchers Ottobrunn
Airbus Safran Launchers is a joint venture Airbus Defence and Space / Safran, starting operations on 1 January 2016. It brings together the expertise in space launchers of both Airbus Group and Safran, at key industrial sites, in France and Germany.
Airbus Safran Launchers’ aim is to provide its customers with comprehensive and competitive solutions on an increasingly competitive market as well as to offer a new family of highly reliable, versatile and efficient launchers which meet the market’s commercial and institutional requirements. It will build on the success of Ariane 5 successes, while focusing on innovation.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Cost Engineer (f/m) has arisen within Airbus Safran Launchers in Ottobrunn. The successful applicant will join "JOIC - Technical Costing".
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Elaborate recurring cost assessments requested by Ariane Development Program (Ariane 6) and Future Preparation Programs, in view of commitment, cost reduction plans or program files
- Propose and set up new cost models on the basis of existing cost data base (Ottobrunn Information System)
- Facilitate and accelerate cost projection and cost assessments (e.g. fast-response loops, support in rapid cost targets determination and in early choices of relevant processes and design; contribute to continuous DtC for Design Engineering)
- Determinate "should cost" of products in different environments than present Ottobrunn plant (suppliers, external industrials, new industrial means and facilities, different industrial organizations, etc.)
- Act as JOIC official proximity focal point in Ottobrunn on cost topics
- Collaborate with Procurement JOP in X-checks for suppliers’ costs and challenge suppliers
- Support Program and Design Offices to identify the key cost-drivers in Ottobrunn products and procured parts in order to guide and allow the relevant choices
- Contribute to Non-Recurring Costs assessments and models (Development Costs, Program Files, etc)
This role will involve frequent travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Academic degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Profound experience in following areas: design engineering, industrialization of products, manufacturing, program management (development, future preparation)
- Understanding of business topics (finance, economics) and mathematic methods
- Ability to deal with various stakeholders and all levels of management
- Proactive, strategic mindset and problem solving approach
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- English and German to negotiation level, French knowledge would be a plus
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus Defence and Space, Other Business
- approx. 6,500
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply for this vacancy at our careers site (www.jobs.airbus-group.com) with your CV attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.