Podding Specialist – Nacelle In Sourcing (m/f)
Airbus St Eloi
Airbus is a leading aircraft manufacturer with the most modern and comprehensive family of airliners on the market, ranging in capacity from 100 to more than 500 seats. Airbus champions innovative technologies and offers some of the world’s most fuel efficient and quiet aircraft. Airbus has sold over 13.800 aircraft to more than 360 customers worldwide. Airbus has achieved more than 8,000 deliveries since the first Airbus aircraft entered into service. Headquartered in Toulouse, France.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Podding Specialist – Nacelle In Sourcing has arisen within Airbus in Toulouse.
The candidate will be a part of the department Manufacturing Engineering within St Eloi Plant which manufactures hard metal parts for aircrafts and all Airbus engines’ pylons, and nacelles podding
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include
- Ensuring the manufacturability of the definition dossier in accordance with the Cost and the quality objectives
- Ensuring that Hamburg (first site) and Toulouse (second site) production constraints, new technologies and new manufacturing processes are taken into account by the design office during the concept and definition phases
- Defining common build processes & associated manufacturing means (jigs & tools, machine and small tools) for Hamburg and Toulouse plants
- Ensuring the “no podding – no rigging” at FAL top level requirement is fulfilled
- Estimating the assembly lead-times and times (t100)
- Negotiating the product structure breakdown with the design office.
- Negotiating and monitoring the definition dossier delivery schedule with the design office.
- Validating and signing the definition dossier
- Negotiating the design modification proposals and analysing the industrial impacts through the PRS analysis
- Doing the feasibility analysis and value analysis linked to design trade-off studies
- Proposing cost reduction ideas linked to the build process
- Ensuring that the repair solutions are defined.
This role will involve some travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Educated to 2/3 years’degree level (or equivalent)
- Experience in Manufacturing engineering or manufacturing in nacelle or aircraft power plant or system installation and test (at least 5-10 years)
- Tools: CATIAV5, SAP ARP
- French at negotiation level
- English at advanced level
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 20,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.