RF Mixed Signal Electronics Engineer (f/m)
Airbus Defence & Space Munich (ex Astrium SL)
Airbus Defence and Space is a division of Airbus Group formed by combining the business activities of Cassidian, Astrium and Airbus Military. The new division is Europe’s number one defence and space enterprise, the second largest space business worldwide and among the top ten global defence enterprises. It employs some 40,000 employees generating revenues of approximately €14 billion per year.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a RF Mixed Signal Electronics Engineer (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space in Munich/Ottobrunn. The successful applicant will join “Digital Eng. Germany”.
Tasks & accountabilities
The jobholder will be the technical lead for the development and implementation RF mixed signal electronics in the frame of the Space equipment product line (mainly RADAR related instrument electronics)
Major tasks of this position are:
- Requirements analysis and architecture definition of radar electronics at equipment system level
- Specification and breakdown to detailed design of radar signal acquisition and processing functions
- Definition of design-, development and verification approach.
- Technical lead and implementation of analog and digital development allocated to a project
- technical communication towards customer and subcontractors.
- Lead detailed design, hardware-software co-simulation at function level.
- Review analysis and documentation of design
- Support of test procedures and reports for qualification and acceptance testing .
- Support specification and/or detailed design of necessary test benches.
- Preparation of technical proposals answering customer specifications. Definition of engineering resources needed and planning for design and development.
- Master Degree in Electrical or Aerospace Engineering
- Mentor Dx Designer or similar board design tool chain
- simulation with Mathlab
- usage of RF-Simulation Tools
- Signal Integrity simulation.g. Hyperlynx
- Following Signal Processing Experience is favourable:
- RF Frontend Electronics
- Radar signal chain
- Mixed Signal Equipment specification and design (500MHz to 5 GHz)
- Excellent English (spoken and written)
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus Defence and Space, Other Business
- approx. 6,500
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply for this vacancy at our careers site (www.jobs.airbus-group.com) with your CV attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.