Module Development Engineer for Crew Rest Compartment, Stairs and Electrical Integration (f/m)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Module Development Engineer for Crew Rest Compartment, Stairs and Electrical Integration (f/m) has arisen within Airbus (Commercial Aircraft) in Hamburg. You will join the department "CRC, Stairs & Electrical Integration".
Disabled applicants with equal qualification are favoured.
Tasks & accountabilities
The department “CRC (Crew Rest Compartment), Stairs and Electrical Integration” within Airbus Engineering is responsible for the new development of all rest areas for pilots and crew members (CRC) and the electrical equipments within parts of the cabin. Furthermore, this team ensures the electrical definition and integration of cabin modules.
As a Module Engineer (m/f), you will participate in the entire development process, from the initial concept study, through Series production to Series support. The activity requires independent and self-responsible way of working and is distinguished by a high degree of interdisciplinary work across teams, company and borders.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Evaluating and analysing technology trends
- Being responsible for electrical definition and integration of cabin modules
- Designing the crew rest compartment architectures taking into account aircraft-specific requirements (aviation regulations and type-related)
- Defining all module requirements and preparing technical specifications
- Coordinating requirements with all involved internal departments (i.a. static, flammability, safety, mechanical and electrical installation, adjacent aircraft systems, chief engineering, procurement)
- Integrating the module and its components in the aircraft and coordinating all internal and general interfaces
- Validating module definition and monitoring the qualification and verification activities within the aircraft development process
- Coordinating with external partners (i.a. module suppliers, engineering service providers, universities, research institutes, authorities)
- Managing the manufacturer: Ensuring the compliance with technical specifications and product quality at the required time through reviews and audits
- Reporting project status and representing Airbus results internally and externally
- Working with multi-functional teams (i.a. procurement, programme management, quality assurance, customer support) e.g. for the selection of suppliers
- Working on and assessing technical requests for change (internally and/or driven by the customer)
- Providing technical and administrative support for in-service problems (error analysis and design improvement)
- Collaborating on innovation projects
We are looking for candidates with the following skills
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering or similar
- Several years of professional experience in the development and integration of cabin modules is required
- Several years of knowledge of cross-module ATA 92 (electrical integration) is required
- Several years of knowledge of ATA 25 (crew rest compartment knowledge) would be a plus
- Initial experience in project management is required
- Experience in manufacturer management on an international basis, as well as interdisciplinary collaboration would be a plus
- Ideally, knowledge of the production processes of cabin components
- Lightweight construction material knowledge and in electrical engineering would be a plus
- Advanced knowledge of handling CATIA and MS Office is required
- Ideally, experience with SAP and TAKSY
- Analytical, innovative and cross-system way of thinking
- Very good communication and presentation skills, teamwork skills and customer-oriented
- Confident and competent approach
- Independent, structured and solution-oriented way of working with the ability of taking initiatives
- Negotiation and conflict management skills
- Willingness to undertake regular international travels (approximately every six to eight weeks), mainly to Czech Republic, France, UK and the USA)
- A negotiation level of English and German is required
- Airbus (Commercial Aircraft)
- approx. 12,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV and cover letter attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.