System Engineer Supply Systems (f/m)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a System Engineer Supply Systems (f/m) has arisen within Airbus (Commercial Aircraft) in Hamburg. You will join department supply systems.
Disabled applicants with equal qualification are favoured.
Tasks & accountabilities
The Supply Systems department within Airbus Engineering is responsible for the water/waste water and heating systems (Floor Panel Heating and Water Ice Line Protection) for all aircraft programmes, throughout the entire product life cycle.
As a Systems Engineer (m/f), you will participate in the entire development process, from the initial design study, through to the start of production and series support. This role will require you to work independently and autonomously, and will involve a high degree of interdisciplinarity between teams, companies and countries.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Evaluating and analysing technology trends
- Designing system architectures, taking into account aircraft-specific requirements (aviation regulations and type-related requirements)
- Defining all system requirements, as well as planning and creating technical systems and equipment specifications
- Coordinating the requirements with all of the internal departments which are involved, and working in multi-functional teams, e.g. for supplier selection (including Safety, Maintenance, Mechanical and Electrical Installation, related aircraft systems, Chief Engineering, Procurement)
- Integrating the system and its components and coordinating all internal and cross-system interfaces
- Validating the system/equipment definition and determining and monitoring the qualification and verification activities within the aircraft development process
- Coordinating with external partners (e.g. system/equipment suppliers, engineering service providers, universities, research institutes, authorities)
- Performing vendor monitoring and ensuring compliance with the technical specifications and on-time product quality by means of reviews and audits
- Processing and evaluating technical change requests (internal, and/or from customers)
- Providing technical and administrative support for in-service problems (evaluation of system behaviour, error analysis and design improvements)
- Drafting solution concepts to improve the architecture, system and/or equipment, and contributing to innovation Projects
- Qualification in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering or similar
- Several years of professional experience in the development and integration of systems and their components (including complex electronics and software)
- Initial experience in project management
- Experience in managing suppliers and manufacturers on an international basis, and of interdisciplinary collaboration
- Analytical, innovative and cross-system way of thinking
- Very good communication and presentation skills, the ability to work within a team, and a customer-oriented approach
- Self-confident and professional manner
- Independent, responsible and solution-oriented working methods, plus willingness to take the initiative
- Negotiation and conflict management skills
- Willingness to undertake regular business trips worldwide
- Negotiation level of English, and an advanced level of German
In addition to the skills listed above for an aircraft construction systems engineer (f/m), you ideally have at least one of the following additional skills/qualifications:
- Specific knowledge and experience of digital fluid mechanics for the modelling and simulation of flows in single or multi-phase fluids in the water/waste water pipe and tank systems
- The ability to design, specify and test fluid energy machines (e.g. pumps, compressors, vacuum pumps)
- An understanding of the simulations developed, and expertise in evaluating these
- Specific knowledge of fibre composites, in particular for applications for pressurised water/waste water tanks
- Experience in design and manufacturing processes, e.g. for CFRC/GFRC components
- The ability to define and evaluate test and qualification methods
- Specific knowledge of power electronics and sensor technology as applied to areas such as motor control, level indicators, position monitoring, temperature measurements, etc.
- The ability to evaluate the electronics/sensor designs proposed by suppliers and to develop suggestions for improvement
- Detailed knowledge of materials and manufacturing, including quality assurance and manufacturing processes
- Subcontractor management skills
- Detailed knowledge of qualification and documentation
- Airbus (Commercial Aircraft)
- approx. 12,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV and cover letter attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.